Gun Pron: Post your gun photos

Show off your weapons and gear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Re: Gun Pron: Post your gun photos

Post by Keeper »

Just re-did the Piston & Tappet Plate dues to a failure and found and interesting issue. It is almost impossible to get a mag out of it as the mag release is under the hood of the sucker. Cut a small slot to get to press the release, but working on a button solution. Maybe have to do a video up.

Fun Stuff but too damn heavy for actual field use! :mrgreen:
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

FoeRender
First Name: james
Last Name: bobko

Post by FoeRender »

Got this bad boy cause I wanted a pistol I can run as a primary for cqb , with the 7inch barrel I get really nice accuracy and nice fps .

Spectre503
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Harmon

Post by Spectre503 »

HeadUp
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Koplin

Post by HeadUp »

Just laid down a fresh coat on my new VFC Mk18 in preparation for OP X. 4 colours matched to Multicam, 2 stencils (1 for large shapes, 1 for small) and then a separate "screen" with some laundry net that can be placed under the stencils or used on its own. I call it... "Multi-snake"

Pretty pleased with the results. You guys dig?

FoeRender
First Name: james
Last Name: bobko

Post by FoeRender »

looks great I am a fan of multi snake 8-)

Nickel Plated
First Name: Boris
Last Name: Smolin

Post by Nickel Plated »

My new guns. A Daytonagun kit inside of an E&L AKM body. And a KJW Glock 23 with full Guarder upgrades. (steel slide, steel barrel, full steel internals, new frame with realistic markings etc.)
I got tired of messing around with gas-in-mag GBBRs, too unreliable and finicky. So decided to just spend the cash and put together a good primary and secondary that will just work for me and I can finally get back to skirmishing with my guns instead of constantly fixing them.

Still a few things to do:
Got tightbores on the way for both the AK and Glock.
Also a heavier spring set for the Glock which currently has Guarder 150% springs. I'll be running it with R507 gas so stiffer springs are a must.
Going to try fitting real tritium sights to the glock.
And a few extensive internal mods for the AK way down the line (increased bolt travel, anti dry fire mechanism)

Callsign "Nickel" for short.

Len
First Name: Len
Last Name: LaGuardia

Post by Len »

Looks great. Was the DG kit hard to install into an E&L? I've heard it's not a straight drop in.

Nickel Plated
First Name: Boris
Last Name: Smolin

Post by Nickel Plated »

The E&L body is a bit harder to convert than the LCT kit that it was made for. With the LCT it's pretty much a drop-in other than drilling a couple of holes in the receiver.

The E&L is very similar (most airsoft AK bodies are) except for one thing.
The barrel on the LCT has this sort of extension on the chamber end that has the two long prongs that the hop up chamber screws to. That extension is a separate piece that is screwed onto the barrel. To install the DG kit, you remove that extension which reveals some 14x1mm RH threads on the barrel. The DG extension then screws onto those threads and the DG hop-up attaches to that extension.

The E&L also has a similar extension on the barrel. except it's not screwed on. The barrel is smooth underneath and the extension is just pressed on (very tightly BTW) so when you get it off you can't install the DG hop up since there are no threads. The barrel is the correct diameter that if you found a 14x1mm RH die like this:
http://www.cncwarrior.com/M14-x-1-RH-die-p/23295.htm
You could just thread the barrel. But the rear sight block is in the way and is also pressed on with alot of force like everything else on the E&L kit. So unless you can figure out how to move it forward it ain't happening. I tried and ruined a barrel in the process with no success.

Long story short, in the end I had a new barrel extension made that was like the original DG part but with no threads inside. I made it so it's a tight friction fit on the barrel with a couple set screws to hold it in place.

Kind of a PITA if it's your first time doing the conversion and you're not aware of the problem. There aren't any instructions with the kit so you kinda have to figure it out. In the end between the barrel I ruined and had to get a new one, and the custom extension I had to have made, it cost me WAY more than it would have to just do the conversion on an LCT. But I'm glad I went with the E&L. I got to compare the two body kits side by side and the E&L is way superior to the LCT IMO. On par with a RealSword I'd say.
Callsign "Nickel" for short.