[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
NYC Airsoft • View topic - My super light load out for high speed or intense terrain

NYC Airsoft

The definitive guide to airsoft for New York.
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My super light load out for high speed or intense terrain
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:28 pm 

I have been working on a light weight load out for High speed or intense terrain . This load out is bare bones made for OPs where I am expecting to cover a lot of ground fast .

I can hold 8 rifle mags 2 35 round pistol mags with one 50 rounder loaded in the pistol .
The chest rig is a Healy strategics D3 replica ( have a non replica multicam version on the way ) and a costa leg rig which holds the multi tool and 2 mags , I was thinking on removing the extra pistol toco's to slim it down since I don't need the more pistol mags but decided to keep them to hold chem lights and a speed loader .

The Chest rig I am customizing a bit I am removing the 2 front pouches and stitching in 2 single blue force gear single m4 mag pouches to hold more mags but I want them for grenades .

If I am expecting to be far from staging I have a condor hydration back pack which will have my water bbs first aid and some meal bars .

Post subject: Re: My super light load out for high speed or intense terrai
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:55 pm 

my first quesion in outdoor games how often do you use you pistol? i find i never do i am also a light shooter and 8 mags will do me fine till i respawn. i am also not a huge fan of the leg rig cause i find it slows me down right off the start never mind halfway through the day. other then that it look like a nice light rig you got going on but thats my input. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:40 am 

sounds like a nice set up. i havent used a leg rig but think it would be more of a hindrance. guess it helps you only have 2 mags and multitool in it. how does it feel?
i usually lug around an M60 while doing a Vietnam Grunt impression, i carry a pistol for the look. cant say i have used it in game though.

have been contemplating putting something similar together. i have an M4 i never use and an Ak ive fielded maybe 3 times as i do a Russian impression as well and carry a PKM. lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:45 pm 

Just saw these , didn't get the notification lol

@cardellos I run the pistol with one mag loaded and one extra for outdoors , i actually use it often i am usually one of the guys that flank in my squad so i can get pretty heavy on the trigger and getting up on bunkers i like the pistol . As for the leg harness i removed the extra pistol tacos so it's pretty slick I just run the two mags and a multi tool or flash light from it so i hardly feel it . ( the costa panel also doesn't flop around like most leg harnesses )

@Toddski the chest rig is actually pretty good for Ak mags as well as m4 mags it's made to hold different sized mags ( the real one the replica only holds m4 mags )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:11 am 

very nice on both accounts. might have to give my leg holster a second look. =)