Is a P* really worth it?

New to airsoft? Find out everything you need to know.
Sleeper
First Name: Jesse
Last Name: Hart

Is a P* really worth it?

Post by Sleeper »

Looking for someone Familiar with Polar stars (P*) and being able to compare them to AEGs
Im very interested in the P* but am hesitant because of the cost and would really like to know...
IS IT WORTH IT?
Ive really been thinking on getting the PR-15 because I already have a spare M4 body, and my gun that im using now is an M4 so i have plenty of mags
Also, do places like Paintball/Airsoft fields usually have air compressors on site? and do they charge?
Wasn't sure where to post and could find anything close related in the search so i Just went ahead here, please move if there is somewhere this belongs

Bonus: Is there anyplace to buy a P* for less than $500? or maybe some cheap air rigs?
links will be rewarded with cute/funny cat pictures, take your pick

Loctite
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Bernardo

Re: Is a P* really worth it?

Post by Loctite »

I don't know about the advantages of P* but I used to play paintball so ill shed some light on air source.

Every PB field will have an air supply, whether it be C02 or compressed air. Most, and correct me if I'm wrong, airsoft dedicated fields have no air supply. P*s are gaining in popularity so that may change but I know air equipment are expensive and usually not invested in.

Also air supplies are not free. When I played, usually the cost of admission covered the cost of air. I remember it being $10-15 for a full day of air. I'm not sure how hungry P*'s are but if you only fill up once of twice it may not be worth it to pay for all day. Biggest determining factor will be your tank size.