The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

New to airsoft? Find out everything you need to know.
Cabbage
First Name: Savan
Last Name: Lee

Re: The INFO BOOTH - Got a simple question? Post it here.

Post by Cabbage »

Mitsukai wrote:Well if your walking around showing the world your underwear like Lil Wayne, you deserve to be stopped, searched & taught how to dress... Black, white, yellow, green or blue!
Now that is why i wear a belt!

Ceanji
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Graham

Post by Ceanji »

What's the difference between AEG and ERG?

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Ceanji wrote:What's the difference between AEG and ERG?
AEG= Airsoft Electric Gun. That's what 90% of airsofters use as their primary weapon.

I had to look up what an ERG is. It's KWA's name for their new modified EBB (Electric Blowback Gun). EBB's are AEG's with some sort of mechanism to simulate 'blowback' mechanically or electricly.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

ERG is an acronym for Electric Recoil Gun, Kwa supposedly created a way to simulate real steel recoil in an airsoft gun. It is a blowback in essence, but the blowback motion activates a recoil spring. I'm interested to see how close to actual recoil they achieve.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Tsuyoi
First Name: Tianwei
Last Name: Xiong

Post by Tsuyoi »

Cabbage wrote:I was wondering how you guys transport your airsoft guns around if your taking the subway? I don't think the cops will be too thrilled when they search you and find a assault rifle.
To flesh out on this, it's all about your appearance and attitude. I had to transport an airsoft rifle for a friend before (he was too afraid of being stopped/searched on subway to do it himself), and all I had was the original rectangular box the gun came in, and some tape and trash bags. So I double bagged it (those black trash bags), taped it up so the shape of the box was clearly visible through the bags but not the actual lettering/pictures, put on some spiffy clothing (loafers, slacks, collared shirt, blazer), made sure I didn't look like a bum (shaved, combed, etc), and hopped on the subway. During the entire trip I just acted like I was transporting something I just bought from Home Depot or Best Buy or w/e (electric piano, boards, w/e). Walked past a bag inspection station, and at least 3 police officers along the way, acted like I normally would (look over, saw them, look back to the way I was walking, continue on). Didn't have any problems.

Of course, this is definitely not recommended, and only to be done in cases of no other choice. Also, keep in mind, if a police officer stops you on the subway and asks to inspect your bags/person, you are legally allowed to decline. At most, they can only force you to leave the subway/station, but they cannot forcibly search your belongings/person against your will, and they cannot arrest you (legally) unless they have REASONABLE PROVABLE SUSPICION that you are carrying an illegal object. Any evidence obtained through a search of your person/belongings withour your expressed consent cannot be used in court.

Long story short, try not to take airsoft gear onto the subway. If you have to, and you ARE stopped, play it cool, deny a search of your possessions, tell them you want to maintain your privacy, and will instead leave the subway/station as is allowed to you by law, and get into a private space (your house, friends house, etc) asap.
Callsign: Tsuyoi

Loadout:
KWA KM4 RIS with Madbull QD Mock Silencer + Barska Scope
KWA M9
A whole lot of guts

Keats
First Name: Nelson
Last Name: Pecora

Post by Keats »

So, I have a somewhat odd question about a CQB idea I had. I've got an AEG Thompson and a 1911 pistol with a shoulder holster, and a longtime appreciation of film noir. What if I came to a CQB match as a hardboiled detective? Would a dark blue/grey/black suit count as civilian/contractor? Here are some terrible quality pictures of what I mean:

Is this the most awesome idea, or completely inappropriate? Note: The full loadout would include goggles, leather gloves, and probably a scarf.

sk
First Name: Mr
Last Name: ski

Post by sk »

Keats wrote:So, I have a somewhat odd question about a CQB idea I had. I've got an AEG Thompson and a 1911 pistol with a shoulder holster, and a longtime appreciation of film noir. What if I came to a CQB match as a hardboiled detective? Would a dark blue/grey/black suit count as civilian/contractor? Here are some terrible quality pictures of what I mean:

Is this the most awesome idea, or completely inappropriate? Note: The full loadout would include goggles, leather gloves, and probably a scarf.

Awesome idea heh.
Reminds me of a guy I know that plays paintball as a fed, full suit (slacks, white button down, suspenders, tie, dress shoes) - classic.
Former NEO FTL; Now rolling solo!

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Cosplay games are certainly fair game, though 40's and 50's era may limit the realism or airsoft weapons that players could bring. Here is the 70's era zombie game I put on 2 years ago, "Sugar Hill 1". The East Coast Mob team came in suits.

Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Keats
First Name: Nelson
Last Name: Pecora

Post by Keats »

Haha, nice. I think my Thompson and 1911 would work for an old timey game.

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

This is so bad ass. I've wanted to something similar for quite some time.