Magpul Masada reliability?

AEG, AEP, EBB, Mini, LPEG and all other electrically powered guns

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Broadsword
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Gatsos

Magpul Masada reliability?

Post by Broadsword »

My friend is about to buy a Magpul Masada and is wondering about the internal quality of the gun. Hes heard some bad things so hes just wondering. Any idea on the internals?
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Magpul Masada reliability?

Post by Moondog »

Broadsword wrote:My friend is about to buy a Magpul Masada and is wondering about the internal quality of the gun. Hes heard some bad things so hes just wondering. Any idea on the internals?
Post a link (EDIT your first post and add one please). I also had to move your topic and change the title to correct a typo you made.

The Masada is built by A&K and Magpull legally clamped down on the bootlegs, now you can only buy the official licensed version in the U.S. which is fine and legal, especially since you get the full trades on the gun.

A&K is not a high end manufacturer. They are on par with CYMA and DBoys. Their V2 guns have average to good reliability but the quality control and attention to detail is only average. That said, "average" is not the same as "poor."

I wouldn't expect it to fail before a more expensive gun. It all depends on luck and how well you take care of it. I've owned an A&K M4 for 6 years and it hasn't broken yet.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars