ECHO1 GAT DISCONTINUED? ILL BET MY LIFE!

AEG, AEP, EBB, Mini, LPEG and all other electrically powered guns

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

METRO1R.A.W.
First Name: MATT
Last Name: CASA

ECHO1 GAT DISCONTINUED? ILL BET MY LIFE!

Post by METRO1R.A.W. »

FOR YEARS THE TEC9 GOT A BAD RAP. IF IT LOOKS CLOSE TO A TEC ODDS ARE IT WILL BE DISCONTINUED. WHAT I ALWAYS GET MIND BOGGLED OVER IS THE FACT THAT OTHER WEAPONS LIKE M4s AND GREASE GUNS ARE JUST AS SCARY LOOKIN AS A TEC BUT THEY DONT GET BANNED. FACT IS IF IT SHOOTS IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE LETS GET SERIOUS.
ANYWAYS GETTING BACK TO ECHO1 GAT ANY INFO ON THAT?? I JUST GOT A VINTAGE KG9 BV AND ITS THE BEST VINTAGE AIRSOFT EVER MADE!

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: ECHO1 GAT DISCONTINUED? ILL BET MY LIFE!

Post by Moondog »

I'm moving this to the AEG section since your post is NOT a review. The Echo1 KG9 is an AEG so if you wish to discuss an AEG that's where it's best to post.

Are you saying that Echo1 has stopped making the KG9? Public "fear" of the TEC-9 would have almost no impact on Echo1 phasing out this gun. More likely this is because Echo1 didn't get enough orders for them from retailers and those retailers didn't get enough bought by players. You can still buy a MAC-11 which was also a popular Gansta gun feared by the sheeple anti-gun crowd.

Since you say your LEO you remember the Federal Assault Weapons Ban specifically mentions the TEC-9. This was probably caused by borderline racism or at least "Gang Crime Hysteria" put forth by the media in the early 80's and later reinforced by rappers and gansta-rap in the late 80's-89's which specifically focused on the popularity of the TECH-9 as a "gat".

The CZ Skorpion has a very similar profile to the TEC-9 and was sold for a few years. But it's very low FPS (because it was built around an EBB engine) was why it was never that popular. The similarly sized MP5K was a very popular gun but it's been phased out due to trademark issues (H&K threatened to sue retailers and wholesalers).

P.S. Please don't use ALL CAPS in your posts. In the online world, ALL CAPS is equivalent to yelling. It should be restricted to acronyms, highlighting a term or titles for articles or sections.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

METRO1R.A.W.
First Name: MATT
Last Name: CASA

Post by METRO1R.A.W. »

I understand echo1 was going to release it a few years ago and never did. I just figured something was up..I dont know why other companies never made a tec. I personally love the design

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

METRO1R.A.W. wrote:I understand echo1 was going to release it a few years ago and never did. I just figured something was up..I dont know why other companies never made a tec. I personally love the design
Ah, I see your disappointment then. But is it really discontinued if it was never released? Who owns the patent/trademark on the Tec9, that may be a reason why it was never released.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

DRK
First Name: Derek
Last Name: pom

Post by DRK »

Intra-Tec 9. Miami, Fl

I'm glad it's gone. If any airsoft gun would be used in a crime/stupid criminal/kids. Plus it keeps the value of my GIM maruzens still high. I have for years blown off offers on my YouTube channel of "questionable" looking and sounding people who would do anything to buy "1" of my KG-9's. only needing the 1 mag and willing to pay my absurd price in hopes so they would bugger off.
For Russia

OP: Northern Light 1,2,4
OP: Lightning Strike 1-4
OP: Bulldog 7
OP: Lion Claw XI
OP: Shahrazad 1,3
OP: Red Storm East 1,2,4,5
OP: Red Storm West 2014
OP: Swift Justice
OP: X 1,2
The Milwaukee Project
The Ohio Project