GBB, NBB, CO2, RPG launchers, Gas Grenades and Shells

Moderator: redbull

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

P* Tournament locks

Post by Mark Twain »

Here are a few examples of tournament regulator locks on a couple of common regulators.

The Redline Firebase and Ninja have built in caps that allow you to run a zip tie through it to prevent access to the adjustment.

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

DRK
First Name: Derek
Last Name: pom

Re: P* Tournament locks

Post by DRK »

This is a perfect photo to show the failure of correctly mounting zip ties to the firebase redline reg.

That cap, in which your Allen key passes through and has the 4 holes for the zip ties. UNTHREADS. I have been to a few fields already who zip tie it incorrectly as pictured. The proper way is to use 2 ties, pass the first through the 2 parallel holes.

Then daisy chain the second to the first. Now where your creating the noose is important, it's right on the junction of where the on/off knob is. Where the air bottle is threaded on, You pull from both sides to restrict that cap from moving whatsoever. You also create a lanyard for the end user. Those caps easily unthread if you don't pay attention.

Though rarely in use anymore is the AR-10 (predecessor to AR-20), the staple secondary regulator for many years and the various small business made tournament locks for it.
For Russia

OP: Northern Light 1,2,4
OP: Lightning Strike 1-4
OP: Bulldog 7
OP: Lion Claw XI
OP: Shahrazad 1,3
OP: Red Storm East 1,2,4,5
OP: Red Storm West 2014
OP: Swift Justice
OP: X 1,2
The Milwaukee Project
The Ohio Project

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Post by Keeper »

There is another Cap Style for the SLP rig as well. I snagged this one when I was first looking for a Tournament lock for my Air Rig. Mine is Bright Orange.

http://www.bgairsoft.com/blsihpatolos1.html

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

DRK wrote:This is a perfect photo to show the failure of correctly mounting zip ties to the firebase redline reg.

That cap, in which your Allen key passes through and has the 4 holes for the zip ties. UNTHREADS. I have been to a few fields already who zip tie it incorrectly as pictured. The proper way is to use 2 ties, pass the first through the 2 parallel holes.

Then daisy chain the second to the first. Now where your creating the noose is important, it's right on the junction of where the on/off knob is. Where the air bottle is threaded on, You pull from both sides to restrict that cap from moving whatsoever. You also create a lanyard for the end user. Those caps easily unthread if you don't pay attention.

Though rarely in use anymore is the AR-10 (predecessor to AR-20), the staple secondary regulator for many years and the various small business made tournament locks for it.
Good points. (I blue loctite mine so they don't rotate unless you want them to but that's my offroad motorcycle background. I dislike when important things come loose or fall off at the most inopportune time lol !!)

A cheater is going to cheat no matter what platform they are using. 99.9% of the P* users have no need or desire to change fps on the field. We use the locks, whatever they may be, to show the rest of the world that we're here to play not hurt someone as many claim. The random chrono during the event will help all platforms as well.

TJ, a member here, made a great locking system for the Palmer rig that we talked about earlier. He made it out of PVC parts from Lowes for about $4.00
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

Never thought about just cutting out a piece of PVC and fitting it over the Adjustment Knob with some holes for Zip Ties at the bottom. Would have saved me a few bucks!!

Simple is the best!!
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

phpBB [video]
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Keeper

Post by Keeper »

I wonder if you can put Two Zip ties through the different holes? Just a thought.
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm