Western Arms Magazines

GBB, NBB, CO2, RPG launchers, Gas Grenades and Shells

Moderator: redbull

Broadsword
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Gatsos

Western Arms Magazines

Post by Broadsword »

I am about to buy a western arms pistol for around 150 and im looking for extra magazines for it. It seems like none exist. So i need a link where I can buy them or a new pistol under 150 with 2 mags if single stacked or 1 extra with double stack. PLEASE POST DIRECT LINKS! Thanks
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Western Arms Magazines

Post by Moondog »

Broadsword wrote:I am about to buy a western arms pistol for around 150 and im looking for extra magazines for it. It seems like none exist. So i need a link where I can buy them or a new pistol under 150 with 2 mags if single stacked or 1 extra with double stack. PLEASE POST DIRECT LINKS! Thanks
Reposted from my reply on Facebook with further details:

WA (Western Arms) is one of the few remaining Japanese airsoft makers along with Tokyo Marui and Marushin. WA has a long history and reputation for making a detailed replicas of a wide range of 1911's made by various real steel manufacturers.

Unlike TM 1911's, WA 1911's feature metal slides and frames. Unfortunately, due to strict Japanese gun laws, the metal used is very soft and low quality. WA guns generally aren't as reliable or durable as TM. They also have a reputation for being gas-hogs, requiring more frequent gas refills than all-metal KJW, WE or KWA/KWC guns. I would NOT buy a WA as a skirmish gun.

WA magazines are also not TM compatible. There are no WA clone mags, because the WA owners are few and therefore the market is much smaller and less profitable for retailers and manufactures. The same issue goes with with KWA/KWC and WE 1911 single-stack mags. They are proprietary designs due to their structural 'improvements'. KJW and Bell are the only clone makers I know of which use TM compatible 1911 mags.

WA guns are made for 'collectors' not 'players'. I suggest you look into the KJW brand for a Govt. Model 1911. See my review on the KJW MEU 1911. http://nycairsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=862
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

I second the motion for the KJW 1911s. Well built, ez to work on, lots of parts and mags. 8-)
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

DRK
First Name: Derek
Last Name: pom

Post by DRK »

All WA pistols are required by law to be plastic receivered. In this case the whole thing is. They add in some aluminum powder to give it some weight. There are prime kits to convert it to a alloy but they are a price gouge that will make your eyes pop out. WA pistols were the first to make what is called an R-type magazine witch allows it to fire straight when the gun isn't level. Their hop up system and engine called shibuya custom works goes up to number 3 (SCW1,2,3) 3 being the latest and able to just barely handle propane. WA pistols as mentioned by moondog are for the Japanese market. Requiring lower energy propellent, 134a/blue gas. You would use PC "duster" gas which is a tetrafloracarbon. Which is o-zone safe and it won't give you a headache.

Airsoft innovations used to make an adapter which was a punched brass disc to allow propane by venting some of the fuel limiting how much goes in. Result is a dirtier gun by can handle the fuel. But they are long discontinued, I believe from 2009.

KJW, has picked up their game in the last 2 years. Their latest pistols are on par with SCW 3 and their a clone company. KJW typically clones TM pistols and HFC clones KJW. But a clone of a clone will inherently never be perfect. So try looking for a HFC single stack model. The mags are nice and slim but remember that all gas mags have a pipe in there. Wider the pipe, more fuel it can hold.
For Russia

OP: Northern Light 1,2,4
OP: Lightning Strike 1-4
OP: Bulldog 7
OP: Lion Claw XI
OP: Shahrazad 1,3
OP: Red Storm East 1,2,4,5
OP: Red Storm West 2014
OP: Swift Justice
OP: X 1,2
The Milwaukee Project
The Ohio Project