General GBB/R Maintenance and upgrading

GBB, NBB, CO2, RPG launchers, Gas Grenades and Shells

Moderator: redbull

Sleeper
First Name: Jesse
Last Name: Hart

General GBB/R Maintenance and upgrading

Post by Sleeper »

Hello everyone, I recently acquired my first GBBR the WE MSK (through sheer luck in a mystery box from ASGI)

I know that these require a lot more maintenance than a regular AEG but can't find much info about what exactly needs to be done and how often. I have found that Murder Oil, preferably the heavy purple kind, is good for lubing things up but I don't know what to lube and what not to lube

I would also like to eventually upgrade it, but all I can find are a few RA-Tech parts. Are these worth it and would things for a WE M4/ SCAR fit in this WE MSK?

Finally, can anyone help me understand the hop up in this thing? The manual had nothing about it and the only thing I saw was some guy showing how to get to the inner barrel and stopping there.

Mikey Misery
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Veneziale

Re: General GBB/R Maintenance and upgrading

Post by Mikey Misery »

Sleeper wrote:Hello everyone, I recently acquired my first GBBR the WE MSK (through sheer luck in a mystery box from ASGI)

I know that these require a lot more maintenance than a regular AEG but can't find much info about what exactly needs to be done and how often. I have found that Murder Oil, preferably the heavy purple kind, is good for lubing things up but I don't know what to lube and what not to lube

I would also like to eventually upgrade it, but all I can find are a few RA-Tech parts. Are these worth it and would things for a WE M4/ SCAR fit in this WE MSK?

Finally, can anyone help me understand the hop up in this thing? The manual had nothing about it and the only thing I saw was some guy showing how to get to the inner barrel and stopping there.
As far as general maintenance goes, just clean it and lube it after every game. If you go with propane the gun will get dirty really fast. Just clean the barrel with a dry cloth and the cleaning rod (if it's bad you can use a little rubbing alcohol. Wipe down the BCG and get all the crud off and the same for the upper receiver where the BCG sits. Add some lube to any moving parts, pay attention to the contact points (they will start to show signs of wear so add some lube there). Make sure to not get lube in the bucking or barrel cause it will stick to the bbs and kill your accuracy.

As far as the o-rings go, you can add some lube there as well so they don't dry out. I'm not sure of the exact break down of your bolt since I use a KWA. If you use propane make sure to add lube to the adapter or bottle pending your set up. If you use green gas that already has lube in it for the mag internals and you should be fine with that. I use propane but at the end of the day I add a mag of green gas and fire it threw.

RA Tech has some pretty decent upgrades. I use a RAT inner barrel (will up your FPS a bit more in a gas gun). Look into Maple Leaf Evo II buckings and see if they have one for your gun, they are amazing. What else did you have in mind about upgrading?
Team Captain of Ravenwood Securities (SEPA)