Moderator: redbull

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Gas Fill O-Rings

Post by Moondog »

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Okv7St5l0&hd=1

A common problem that green gas users experience is a leaky fill, where gas spews out everywhere as you try to fill your mag (or grenade shell.) You may suspect you have a bad bottle of gas with a bum nozzle. But more than likely it's because your fill port o-ring has failed or is missing.

Look closely at your gas fill port hole, in the center is a tiny metal tube. Around the base of this tube should be a tiny o-ring that can wear out with normal use or it can simply get blown out of the hole when you fill it. Or if you have a TM mag, it doesn't come with an o-ring. In any case you need a new one. That's why we developed Moondog upgrade O-rings.

Package
Inside the pack you'll find 6 brick colored o-rings. The color isn't just for show. This is aerospace grade, red silicone, able to withstand pressures of over 1400psi and temperatures as hight as 450º and as low as 65º below zero.

Install
Well as with any piece this small, it's a little tricky but not too hard. Here's my trick. You'll need some tweezers, a ballpoint pen or a small screwdriver and a simple toothpick. Pick up an o-ring through the center hole, with the toothpick. Then place the toothpick into the the center of your fill port. Carefully push the o-ring down around the base of the fill port tube with tweezers, a pen, screw driver or a rounded end of another toothpick. You can even use your gas can nozzle to push it in the rest of the way.

Once in place, no more leaky fills.

Available at Evike.com
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=33981
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Re: Gas Fill O-Rings

Post by Mark Twain »

These work great ! Excellent product; waaaaaaaay better than stock. Once you see how robust they are you will laugh at the stock rings.

I've been able to change them easily in the field on a magazine that just became leaky.

I found that the plastic propane adapter ( for propane tanks ) from AI ( airsoft innovations ) is a great tool for putting the o-rings on.

Just position the o-ring over the valve stem and then press into place using the AI propane adapter. It only takes seconds, doesn't harm the 0-ring, and you are good to go !!!

I may just exchange all of my stock o-rings for the Moondog product. In my spare time LOL !!!

Enjoy !!
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Erebus
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Hemphill

Post by Erebus »

Hey Moondog,

Any chance you'll have these and some of you other associated products on hand for the Bad Blood activities, I might be interested in picking a few things up.

Thanks.
Signature and personality being remodeled

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Erebus wrote:Hey Moondog,

Any chance you'll have these and some of you other associated products on hand for the Bad Blood activities, I might be interested in picking a few things up.

Thanks.
I have a few of o-rings in stock but they're black not red (my prototype stock) that I could bring to sell at Bad Blood.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars