GBB, NBB, CO2, RPG launchers, Gas Grenades and Shells

Moderator: redbull

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

What GBB should I buy? POST HERE ONLY

Post by Moondog »

If you don't have a specific gas pistol or rifle in mind and simply want to to know what's the best pistol you can buy for less than $XXX then post your question here and we'll give you recommendations.

1. State your budget
2. List what type of gun you like or if you don't know, tell us what you absolutely don't like

ie. I'm looking for an Glock under $100
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Re: What GBB should I buy? POST HERE ONLY

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Does anyone have any definitive info about the Kriss Super V that Kwa is working on? I fell in love at first sight, a few years ago while watching Future Weapons. I was REALLY excited when I read at a Kwa forum that it is in the works & only waiting on getting the trades situation settled. If this is all true, I think that this gbb will be a force to be reckoned with? Feel free to rebutal if you dont agree, or think theres another gbb I should be planning to buy. I already own a kmp9 & I REALLY like the craftsmanship & attention to detail that went into it. I am NOT a fan of the occasional gas blast I get to the face though, that would be my only gripe with it.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Reposting Discussion from FB:
Facebook wrote: Eric Camacho
hey guys i'am really thinking getting a gbbr. which brand could it get without breaking the bank?
Like · · Unsubscribe · 11 hours ago

Nick Wong My Sun Project M16? :)
11 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Eric Camacho maybe i was thinking going with m4 or mk16
11 hours ago · Like

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii Kwa kmp9... SHHHWEET! ; )
11 hours ago via mobile · Like

Nick Wong What do you consider "breaking the bank"? :D
11 hours ago · Like

Derek Poma Cheap breaks first. I would wait for the KWA guns coming out. WA based guns ( WA, acm et al) have a catalog of upgrade parts.
11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1 person

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii Kwa makes some nice m4 variants. Quality products also.

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii Stay away from WE products. I'm having a heck of alot of problems with a hi-capa I have.

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii They have a Kriss super V comin out soon!!!

Derek Poma I didn't mention WE because I'm pretty sure people know to avoid them. Since he wants a M series variant his options really are WE, WA based, or when the ATF approves the KWA line. But you may not like their price tag. Therefore I think the VFC line may be to your liking.
11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1 person

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii I'm waiting for the Kriss... I dont care if it cost's me $800 bux!!! Lol, j/p... 450's my limit!

Derek Poma that guns a long way off. so at least you can increase that budget limit ;)

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii I heard talk on the kwa forums that it should hit the market b4 xmas

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii None the less, being the gear whore I am... I WILL be getting it! Lol

Nick Wong I'd stay away from VFC too... Haven't heard great things about them, but not as bad as WE.

Derek Poma the specwar which is now the mk23 cause of the trades agreement took 18 months to finally be released. i got to see the prototype at shotshow 2010 in vegas. and the mk23 only became public for sale 7 weeks ago. i don't doubt it will sell well, but i am not holding my breathe on any kwa release date. they release things when its triple checked. its their only caveat.

Derek Poma gas in mag m4's haven't been doing to well. he really doesn't have many options. the kwa m gas rifle is gonna be up there in the 450+ range
11 hours ago · Like

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii Well like u said, more time to save $$$ more xtra mags! I have feeling that the mags will be the same as the mp9 mags. Too much similarity in the mags, plus it would be cost effective for me since I have a kmp9 with 4 mags! ")

Derek Poma actually, in my own hypothesis. it may use the ATP mags. since they can't produce anything glock related its the most likely candidate. the KWA is the only option. madbull canceled theirs 2 years ago.
10 hours ago · Like

Nick Wong So.... Buy my Sun Project M16 and save on mags - it uses regular M4 AEG mags!
10 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Derek Poma if it has the 3rd o ring and bearing mod it is more stable. steel nozzle and steel bolt are great upgrades if you have the money to burn.
10 hours ago · Like

AngelMitsukai SonoftheSky SosaUramishii We completely took this question elsewhere huh? Lol, MY BAD!!!
10 hours ago via mobile · Like

Derek Poma it options to consider. gas in mag guns are best in closer ranges, I.E. indoor place. their lower mag capacity really makes you consider your shots carefully. the kwa gas m4, i have no idea how many shots it will really hold in the end. they plan a LE model and a civy model. if there is a shot difference in mags we won't know till release.
10 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Broadsword
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Gatsos

Good glock for around 150

Post by Broadsword »

I have a budget of 150 and i need a good glock gbb platform. I am new to the gbb so low maintenance would be good and not a lot of upgrades required. Thanks for the input and if you can, post a link to one.
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"

Moondog
Site Admin

Re: Good glock for around 150

Post by Moondog »

Broadsword wrote:I have a budget of 150 and i need a good glock gbb platform. I am new to the gbb so low maintenance would be good and not a lot of upgrades required. Thanks for the input and if you can, post a link to one.
Accessories and Misc was not the correct topic to be posting this into. I've moved it to the appropriate forum. Please be mindful of which topics cover your subject. They are clearly labeled.

Glock and H&K sued a number of airsoft retailers which is why it's hard to find Glocks easily. The best quality guns are made by Tokyo Marui but they are all over $200. The next most reliable makers are KWA/KSC and KJW. KWA does not make a Glock because they are mindful of the Glock trademark suit. They instead made a Glock-like gun they call the ATP.

KJW makes a Glock23 type gun. Evike sells it in 2 (replacement) parts which can be assembled into a full gun. This is done to avoid the Glock lawsuit. Both upper and lowers would be $110. http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=21_45_241

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=33760

NyCwill
First Name: William
Last Name: Tam

KJW sig or 1911? or other.

Post by NyCwill »

Looking for a good well built pistol.
I was looking into the KJW line the sig or 1911 p226/p229
Budget wise i would like to spend no more than $150

Which one of these do you recommend?
Or any other recommendations.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

KJW is my favorite all-metal maker (better quality and accuracy than WE).

It really boils down to which gun you like the looks of or feel for. I like the look and grip feel of the Gov model 1911 but because it has a "single stack" magazine which is thinner than the Sig (or 1911 HiCapa), though the mag holds 24 BBs (staggered), it only holds enough gas for about 19 shots.

If you don't mind the slightly lower BB capacity, then that's ok. You'd have to deal with lower round capacity with a real 1911 anyway, but in airsoft there is no equivalent to the difference in stopping between a 9mm gun and a .45cal style airsoft gun.

NyCwill
First Name: William
Last Name: Tam

Post by NyCwill »

Sorry for not posting here.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Moondog wrote:but in airsoft there is no equivalent to the difference in stopping between a 9mm gun and a .45cal style airsoft gun.
To be fair, there's not really a difference in real steel either...

DRK
First Name: Derek
Last Name: pom

Post by DRK »

Marushin, the makers of the 8mm BB. Created an 8mm line of 1911's a couple years ago. I picked up one called a "tactical response pistol", IE 1911 with a rail. It uses a plastic lower frame. There are after market metal kits but I don't think it's worth the time. Point I make is, for indoor play. It was quite enjoyable using .45 gram 8mm bb's in my 8 shot 1911 airsoft gun. Propane and a heavy weight 8mm bb, they call their hits.
For Russia

OP: Northern Light 1,2,4
OP: Lightning Strike 1-4
OP: Bulldog 7
OP: Lion Claw XI
OP: Shahrazad 1,3
OP: Red Storm East 1,2,4,5
OP: Red Storm West 2014
OP: Swift Justice
OP: X 1,2
The Milwaukee Project
The Ohio Project