NYC Airsoft

The definitive guide to airsoft for New York.
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Guide: CO2 Pistols
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Speefy wrote:
If a pistol can take green gas, what's to stop you from using HFC 134a [duster air] instead? That should lower your fps to safe cqb velocities.

how will you inject the gas and lubricant? do they have adapters like for propane tanks?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 pm 

Speefy wrote:
If a pistol can take green gas, what's to stop you from using HFC 134a [duster air] instead? That should lower your fps to safe cqb velocities.

If a pistol is designed for GG it will probably no run well on 134a. GG guns usually have a heavier slide and spring which duster gas may not be able to fully cycle. For the record you can also have similar problems the other way around. 134a pistols will sometimes have a hard time firing properly on GG because the hammer spring is not strong enough.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

youngbuck wrote:
I have never really played indoors before but I want to try. Is there any co2 pistol that has under 350 fps but is still good for outdoor when I need it. Or is green gas just really the best for indoor. I still would like to use it for outdoor.

If you're playing in the winter and the indoor field isn't well heated then your Co2 gun MAY be under 350fps. In general blowback Co2 guns are lower FPS than non-blowback. This P99 Co2 gun was firing well under 350fps in the summer so this may be what you need. Can't say it's a high performance gun though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JXqDIiFt-Y

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm 

So over all what would you recommend as the best over all pistol? Green Gas or co2. Also if green gas, where would I get green gas and what company is the best? Can it be shipped? Or is there a big hazmat fee?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  YIM  Profile

youngbuck wrote:
So over all what would you recommend as the best over all pistol? Green Gas or co2. Also if green gas, where would I get green gas and what company is the best? Can it be shipped? Or is there a big hazmat fee?

I've ordered greengas online a few times. Never had an issues getting it. I personally like greengass GBB pistols, but that's the great thing about airsoft. There are hundreds of makes and models to choose from. Browse the gear threads and youtube to see what works for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 pm 

Thank you for all the feedback. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:18 pm 

can you use this with green gas and Co2? http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=29580{3}13
if so does any one know if it works good with both Co2 and gg or does one work better?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  YIM  Profile

youngbuck wrote:
can you use this with green gas and Co2? http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=29580{3}13
if so does any one know if it works good with both Co2 and gg or does one work better?

It's a GreenGas ready pistol. For CO2 you'll need to purchase the CO2 magazine. As far as GG vs CO2 performance, read back the entire thread. Each has its pros and cons. The listed specs (if accurate) look a little hot, so I can almost guarantee you'll be way hot with CO2 if you want this for CQB. It would probably be fantastic for an outdoor sidearm. Good round capacity, but I doubt you'll get all 30 rounds with GG.

It's a good price. Pick it up and do your own review. You'll be a star.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:27 pm 

Thanks. i was just looking and seeing if i could find a combo to see what i like best or just for indoor/outdoor.
its shooting 320 with gg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgzCd7vLsFw