AEG not functioning correctly with 9.6 battery

BB's, Green Gas, CO2
Pryme7
First Name: Jonathan
Last Name: Reynolds

AEG not functioning correctly with 9.6 battery

Post by Pryme7 »

Hey guys. Need some assistance with a battery issue. I'm not sure if it's that the battery is bad or if something is wrong with the match between battery and AEG. I have an Echo 1 Master series MP5A4. It came with a 8.4v 1500 mAh NI-Cd battery. As a back up\replacement I bought a 9.6 1400 mAh NiMH battery. It is significantly smaller than the 8.4v, not that I'm aware that matters in terms of functionality. The 8.4v runs the gun just fine. However the 9.6v sounds like it can barely turn the motor when it's fully charged. The trigger response is catchy and hard at best (if that description makes sense) when using the 9.6v, it's unusable. The only other difference is the 8.4v is a large type connector and the 9.6 is a small, so I have to use the adapter from my smart charger.

Now it could just be a bad battery, but I wanted to make sure that the mAh difference wasn't the problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
“I worshipped dead men for their strength, Forgetting I was strong.”
- Vita Sackville-West

DegreE
First Name: Richard
Last Name: A****

Re: AEG not functioning correctly with 9.6 battery

Post by DegreE »

What charger are you using?
[KWA M226 PTP]--[Echo1 Stag-15]---[Echo1 VGM-74]--[Echo1 Red★Star]

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

The standard, ever present, blue smart charger that's rated for 4.8-10.4 NiMH or NI-CAD.
- Vita Sackville-West

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Try a different adaptor maybe, but before spending money on one try to see if the battery will power anything alse without the adaptor & with it. I honestly think you just have a doa battery.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

Works okay in my SCAR. Though not like it should in comparison to the SCARs battery. I'm guessing bad battery?
- Vita Sackville-West

DegreE

Post by DegreE »

I have your same charger. I had a 9.6v nunchuck battery do the same thing to me. The charger would show the green light as if it were finished charging but I then left the battery on the charger overnight and the next morning the battery was fully charged and worked perfectly.

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

DegreE wrote:I have your same charger. I had a 9.6v nunchuck battery do the same thing to me. The charger would show the green light as if it were finished charging but I then left the battery on the charger overnight and the next morning the battery was fully charged and worked perfectly.
really? interesting...I'll have to give that a try. It fully charges my other batteries though. Did yours charge some but not that 9.6v correctly?
- Vita Sackville-West

DegreE

Post by DegreE »

Pryme7 wrote:
DegreE wrote:I have your same charger. I had a 9.6v nunchuck battery do the same thing to me. The charger would show the green light as if it were finished charging but I then left the battery on the charger overnight and the next morning the battery was fully charged and worked perfectly.
really? interesting...I'll have to give that a try. It fully charges my other batteries though. Did yours charge some but not that 9.6v correctly?
Well, both of my batteries are 9.6v. But different mah... so just make sure you have the right setting .9a or 1.8a