Uniforms, vests, protective gear, radios, and more

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Need opinions and advice on gear packs

Post by sonic »

I am looking for a decent pack to carry all my gear (sans weapon) relatively comfortably. I need something that can fit a plate carrier, hydration assault pack, magazines, BBs, chow, etc all in one bag. Any suggestions or reviews on your own gear? Please don't suggest a seabag, though. Thanks.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Need opinions and advice on gear packs

Post by Moondog »

Moving to the TACTICAL GEAR AND CLOTHING forum. This was posted in MARKETPLACE section wasn't the right place for this.

Are you asking about a backpack that's "Tactical" style or a "Civilian" style?

Or are you asking about a duffle bag or luggage?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

sonic
Site Admin

Post by sonic »

Hmm, thought I was in the Want To Buy section.

As far as tactical vs civilian, it doesn't really matter. Something I can get on my back and move with but still large enough to fit all the gear.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Sorry, WANT TO BUY section is for request for people to sell you things. Is that what you wanted?

Or were you looking for advice on what to buy?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

sonic
Site Admin

Post by sonic »

Advice. thanks for moving it to the correct location.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

I highly recommend a Dreadnought style acoustic guitar bag. The Dreadnaught is the largest size (other than a bass guitar) with ample room to get in an AEG, uniform, mags and a small vest or chest rig.

This is the one I recommend: http://www.samash.com/p/Guitar%20Resear ... _-49949485

sonic
Site Admin

Post by sonic »

You've mentioned guitar cases before. I think that's a great idea. Pricewise it's also loads cheaper than any tactical or surplus pack I could find, plus it can hold the weapon discretely. Thanks, most appreciated.

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Many tactical gear manufacturers will have a similar functioning bag in their line usually called "Loadout Bags". This is where I definitely recommend a non-airsoft quality brand name because you will strain it and it will suffer more abuse than many items receive in a typical airsoft game.

A brand like 5.11 or BLACKHAWK! is about as low a quality as I can recommend. Nopolis has a duffle from Voodoo Tactical he uses both for airsoft and air travel with scuba equipment.

Otherwise, a backpack style you would want to search for "rucks". I use a Kifaru Navigator. You'd probably be fine with a Tactical Tailor.

Check ADS Inc or Grey (maybe spelled Gray) Ghost Tactical for deals.

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

I would stay away from 5:11, reason being that the zippers on them tend to jump off track & are very difficult to get back on without removing a tooth or 2 from the zipper making the situation worse.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379