ESS Vs Revision

Goggles, masks, kneed pads, helmets and gloves

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Tsuyoi
First Name: Tianwei
Last Name: Xiong

ESS Vs Revision

Post by Tsuyoi »

So after having severe fogging issues at just about every game (especially white star, got to the point where I couldn't see 30 feet in front of me), I'm planning on ditching my cheap pair of ballistic goggles and getting one with a fan. Question is, which? Currently trying to decide between the ESS Asian Fit Turbofan and the Revision Asian Fit Locust Fan. Anyone have any experience with either, in terms of which one is most comfortable and fogs the least? Pricewise both are pretty similar, $150 a pair.
Callsign: Tsuyoi

Loadout:
KWA KM4 RIS with Madbull QD Mock Silencer + Barska Scope
KWA M9
A whole lot of guts

Bambino
First Name: Dylan
Last Name: Fleury

Re: ESS Vs Revision

Post by Bambino »

I don't have the revision Asian fit goggles but I do have the revision bullet ant ones and I love them. They are very flexible (I can bend them in half with nothing bad happening) I've never had a fogging issue even in the winter, the anti-fog they use is amazing. I've stress tested the anti-fog. I put my goggles in the freezer over night than breathed on them an only a small film of fog occured but it just made everything darker it didn't limit my vision. The EES I've never had experience with so I can't help you there. But I highly suggest revision.
You can't say civilization isn't advancing: in every war, they kill you in a new way.

Tsuyoi

Post by Tsuyoi »

Well after another game with my flakjaks fogging on me, I bit the bullet and put down the money for a pair of Revision Asian Fit Locust Fan goggles. Will pic and review once they're here.

Loadout:
KWA M9
A whole lot of guts

sk
First Name: Mr
Last Name: ski

Post by sk »

I had bought the WileyX goggles - IMO they are complete trash. They didn't even have fabric where the frame touches your face - it's just plastic! wow does it cause you to sweat...Also, they are SO damn close to your eyelashes, your actual eye lashes will create streaks on them. Complete trash for > $100. So disappointed, will never order anything from WileyX again. I even tried to remove some of the fabric on the top and bottom vents to see if it helped, but it didn't. They fog SO bad. Not useable at all.

I decided to get the ESS turbo fans - SICK. Love them. They get a little moisture under really CRAZY situations, but overall very good.

Good luck!
Former NEO FTL; Now rolling solo!

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Tsuyoi wrote:Well after another game with my flakjaks fogging on me, I bit the bullet and put down the money for a pair of Revision Asian Fit Locust Fan goggles. Will pic and review once they're here.
Did you yank the black plastic vents out of the Arena goggles and properly coat with the Moondog Defog Spray? These are pretty good googles for not fogging, but I think for the most part, regardless which goggles you get, if you wear a hat or something over your breath, it will fog. I'd like to wear a boonie or hood and face rag too but I'd rather be able to see. Backwards hat is the best I can do and sometimes I still have to take it off to combat the fogging.

Tsuyoi

Post by Tsuyoi »

phridum wrote:
Tsuyoi wrote:Well after another game with my flakjaks fogging on me, I bit the bullet and put down the money for a pair of Revision Asian Fit Locust Fan goggles. Will pic and review once they're here.
Did you yank the black plastic vents out of the Arena goggles and properly coat with the Moondog Defog Spray? These are pretty good googles for not fogging, but I think for the most part, regardless which goggles you get, if you wear a hat or something over your breath, it will fog. I'd like to wear a boonie or hood and face rag too but I'd rather be able to see. Backwards hat is the best I can do and sometimes I still have to take it off to combat the fogging.
Removing the plastic vents helped for most situations, but it creates a very large gap that a BB can easily pass through, and has always worried me. I'll try out the revisions, and see how they work out.

Loadout:
KWA M9
A whole lot of guts