First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

REVIEW: Clone Tokyo Marui fan ProGoggle

Post by Moondog »

[youcode]uVFZ9lrs8E4[/youcode]

TM Clone Fan Mask
by Moondog

OVERVIEW
This is an near exact copy of the Tokyo Marui Pro-Goggle mask. The mask can survive point-blank hits from guns firing over 400fps [YouTube durability test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcrykb7 ]. The goggles offer a wide field of view and are large enough to accommodate small frame eye glasses. The face shield is very flexible and low profile, allowing a close cheek weld so you can use your guns iron-sights or optics.

FEATURES
The mask's main feature is the built in venting fan which helps eliminates fogging, except in the most humid conditions. A switch above the right temple turns on the fan which sounds louder and more powerful than previous models. A button on the right temple toggles between the low-speed and high-speed modes. At high-speed it's annoyingly loud but is helpful when you really need to defog the lens.

The fan is powered by two AAA batteries housed in the frame on either side of the fan. The battery covers are secured by five small locking tabs accessed on the inside of the goggles which must be carefully pushed in to loosen. Then the covers may be gently pried off. This is a real shortcoming in the goggles' design which may lead to tabs breaking off over time.

AS FAN GOGGLES
The face shield can also be removed by carefully pulling its tabs out of holes in the bottom of the mask, which are secured with o-rings. This allows you to use the goggles by themselves or with steel mesh face masks which offer better ventilation and reduced fogging. Available from Asian retailers for about $18 + about $8 shipping to the US, making it a fraction of the cost a pair of ESS turbofan goggles.

Order mask here: http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airsoft-C ... _info.html

Or from Evike.com
http://www.evike.com/products/30228/
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Headkill
Site Admin

Re: REVIEW: Clone Tokyo Marui fan ProGoggle

Post by Headkill »

I've had these for quite a while (bought 'em from Evike a while back) - they're nice and wide and fit over glasses easily. The fan's decent but the quality's not the greatest - the wiring inside's pretty cheap and I think the switches mostly burned out on me - I can only run mine in High mode, which isn't a big thing.

I used mine during Red Storm: East - The face shield was definitely a godsend for CQB and it was very breathable.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

The switch and motor on this new batch feels a bit more solid than the ones we got from Evike 3 years ago. The downside is the motor noise is more pronounced.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

NyCwill
First Name: William
Last Name: Tam

Post by NyCwill »

is the one on evike the newer version?

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

NyCwill wrote:is the one on evike the newer version?
Probably. The changes/improvements come from the factories in China, Evike and TigerHK buy them from them.