Goggles, masks, kneed pads, helmets and gloves

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

NyCwill
First Name: William
Last Name: Tam

Protective goggles with glasses.

Post by NyCwill »

I need some help.
I wear glasses and don't wear contacts, does anyone have any recommendation on goggles that would fit comfortably with glasses on? any other recommendations beside the Bolle T-800?

Goggles or full facemask.

Reaper 278
First Name: Joseph M.
Last Name: Faillace

Re: Protective goggles with glasses.

Post by Reaper 278 »

You basically have two options, depending on budget. You can try the full face paintball style mask, or goggles with prescription inserts. I use a pair of Revision Desert Locust Goggles with their Rx carrier. Cost me $60 for the goggles and purchased the Rx carrier for their goggles/glasses direct from Revision. I sent my lens prescription to Revision for them to fill which cost $100, but that's for the prescription, Rx carrier, and shipping. You could also get them filled at any place that does prescription glasses, just make sure they're filled with polycarb lenses.

Trying to find goggles that fit over glasses is tough because there is a variety of issues. What kinds of frames do you use? Will the frames interfere with the goggles full seal? Will the goggles bend your frames? Stuff like that. Full face or paintball style masks suffer from the same problem, but tend to offer more eye relief inside, so fitting your frames may be easier. If your budget allows, I'd try to find goggles that also provide an Rx carrier, like Revision, ESS, etc. They tend to be low profile, offer clearer peripheral vision, and do have a full seal around the eyes.

If you go the full face route, I'd suggest you go try on a few different kinds and make sure they fit and have a full seal. My friends use the Save Phace masks with no problem. The only other potential issue is fogging. Most lenses in goggles or masks are treated with some form of anti-fog or even a thermal lens, so fogging should be minimal (unless you sweat a lot or play in Florida). Make sure your glasses or your Rx carrier get a dose of defog as well to prevent those lenses from fogging. Any which way you go, goggles or mask, make sure they have the proper impact rating for the lenses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlXjZRBJ5Do - ASGI Mask Overview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhfltysDeBk - Revision Rx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqyUb3pXhbw - ESS Rx
Last edited by Reaper 278 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it's a penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

Callsign: Reaper
Primary: KWA SR7
Secondary: KWA M226 PTP

Member of Task Force 278

NyCwill
First Name: William
Last Name: Tam

Post by NyCwill »

i found the locust on ebay for $32 does it look legit i mean is it real?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revision-Desert ... 3f1d0f0fe5

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

If you wear small frame eyeglasses (as I recall, you do), then the TM style fan mask goggles will fit them. You'll need to spray some defog on your glasses to help keep them from fogging up inside the goggles. Headkill wears eyeglasses with these goggles. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1612
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Overkill82
Game Producer / Retailer
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Westbrook

Post by Overkill82 »

I wear small frame glasses and I use a pair of military issued Flakjaks I picked up off ebay for $25. They do have a spot for the RX carrier, which I do want to pick up eventually, but I dont suffer from my glasses being rammed into my face.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110932672063?ss ... 1439.l2649
ICS CXP 16L Sportline, Cyma cm030 Glock, JG G36K, A&K M249 Para

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Overkill82 wrote:I wear small frame glasses and I use a pair of military issued Flakjaks I picked up off ebay for $25. They do have a spot for the RX carrier, which I do want to pick up eventually, but I dont suffer from my glasses being rammed into my face.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110932672063?ss ... 1439.l2649
Just for clarification, these goggles are an imitation of military issue dust and debris protection goggles. The issued version are not acceptable for airsoft use as they aren't ballistically rated and a BB at the upper ranges of field limits at a medium distance would puncture the flexible lens.

I also use these for airsoft over my large frame glasses when I can't use contacts. They are good for preventing fog if you pull the vents out of the frame, though this removes the full-seal protection. I accept this risk, though I don't advocate you or anyone else does this.

Overkill82
Game Producer / Retailer
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Westbrook

Post by Overkill82 »

phridum wrote:
Just for clarification, these goggles are an imitation of military issue dust and debris protection goggles. The issued version are not acceptable for airsoft use as they aren't ballistically rated and a BB at the upper ranges of field limits at a medium distance would puncture the flexible lens.

I also use these for airsoft over my large frame glasses when I can't use contacts. They are good for preventing fog if you pull the vents out of the frame, though this removes the full-seal protection. I accept this risk, though I don't advocate you or anyone else does this.
Ahhh I stand corrected then. As for the vents, after wearing these once, I removed the vents. Between that and defog spray (moondogs of course LMAO) i havent had an issue since. As for the risk, I wear a tactical helmet as well, so theres little space between the 2 items, and I also wear either a balaclava or something over my lower face.
ICS CXP 16L Sportline, Cyma cm030 Glock, JG G36K, A&K M249 Para