madbull xm203 modification

Improving FPS accuracy, range, ROF and painting/weathering

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Nutshot
First Name: Michael
Last Name: Bennett

madbull xm203 modification

Post by Nutshot »

i am the proud owner of a mx2o3 grenade laucnxher. after trying my friends m203 i had to get my own. the only problem i have with this launcher is the button trigger system. this trigger sytem does not allow the launcher to be used efficently as a stand alone(due to the pressure inside thegrenade)hard time pushing the button. i was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to modify the trigger sytem to allow the use of a trigger instead of the button to make it an efficent.
Nutshot was here..... or was he

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: madbull xm203 modification

Post by Moondog »

Nutshot wrote:i am the proud owner of a mx2o3 grenade laucnxher. after trying my friends m203 i had to get my own. the only problem i have with this launcher is the button trigger system. this trigger sytem does not allow the launcher to be used efficently as a stand alone(due to the pressure inside thegrenade)hard time pushing the button. i was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to modify the trigger sytem to allow the use of a trigger instead of the button to make it an efficent.
Can you post a link or photos?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Nutshot

Post by Nutshot »

Nutshot

Post by Nutshot »

As of now I'm debating on whether or not to keep it on my gun or make it stand alone. U never kno when Ull need it but at the same time no one wants to lug around a 15 pound gun. I'm used to the weight but I wouldn't mind having it be seperate from the gun

Nutshot

Post by Nutshot »

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Since even an over-charged 40mm BB launcher isn't that difficult to fire when pushing on the "primer" of the shell itself with your finger, I'm going to say it's probably not a matter leverage.

First thing, be sure the button is easy to press without a grenade loaded. If it's difficult, you have an mechanical problem inside the launcher.

If the button is easy to press (and you can see the "firing pin" protruding where it should hit the bottom of the grenade), put a little bit of gas into the grenade and fire it with your finger. If that is difficult to press, you have an internal problem with the grenade.

If the button functions fine, and the grenade functions fine, my best bet is that when you load the grenade into the launcher, there is a misalignment. The firing pin is pushing on the case rather than the release valve. Probably just barely if you push real hard and it sometimes goes off then.

Nutshot

Post by Nutshot »

Its easy pushing the launcher mechanism so it must be the grenade. It's not madbull Or sthunder. Some non namebrand grenade. In terms of making it a stand alone what would u suggest

Nutshot

Post by Nutshot »

Also is there a retention spring in the launcher to make it supper easy to detonate

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Please don't double post (or in your case triple posting). If you need to add something to a comment you just posted, use the EDIT button. Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand what your problem is. Are you asking how to modify your launcher to add a trigger? If so, then that's going to require a lot of custom dremil and metal work. Not worth it. Buy a new one.

Or are you asking why it's hard to press the side button to fire a shell?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Nutshot

Post by Nutshot »

My bad about multi posting. And my question is what's the best way to make this launcher a standalone. I'm also curious about the amount of force needed to fire the grenade. I actually have to fight with it to shoot it. It should be a quick push

The firing pin is lined up right. I've even had trouble hand detonating the grenade