Improving FPS accuracy, range, ROF and painting/weathering

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Erebus
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Hemphill

Tavor air nozzle

Post by Erebus »

Howdy,

This question is mostly for Moondog since he did the video spot for evike's air nozzle page and he owned a tavor, but I'm throwing this out for general comments.

So, I recently acquired a Tavor, and had to strip it down to address some issues. I have also heard that the Tavor air nozzle is . . . Let's say less than satisfactory, so I thought while I had the gun apart I might upgrade the air nozzle. However, since there is no "Tavor upgrade air nozzle" I was hoping for insight on what air nozzle to get, and what level of adjustment I should expect to have to do. Thanks a lot.
Signature and personality being remodeled

Taronkov
First Name: Timothy
Last Name: Smith

Re: Tavor air nozzle

Post by Taronkov »

It uses a M4 type air nozzle. I'll bring one down with me on Sunday.

Headkill
Site Admin

Post by Headkill »

Erebus wrote: So, I recently acquired a Tavor, and had to strip it down to address some issues. I have also heard that the Tavor air nozzle is . . . Let's say less than satisfactory, so I thought while I had the gun apart I might upgrade the air nozzle. However, since there is no "Tavor upgrade air nozzle" I was hoping for insight on what air nozzle to get, and what level of adjustment I should expect to have to do. Thanks a lot.
Wait - you got another one?

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Erebus wrote:Howdy,

This question is mostly for Moondog since he did the video spot for evike's air nozzle page and he owned a tavor, but I'm throwing this out for general comments.

So, I recently acquired a Tavor, and had to strip it down to address some issues. I have also heard that the Tavor air nozzle is . . . Let's say less than satisfactory, so I thought while I had the gun apart I might upgrade the air nozzle. However, since there is no "Tavor upgrade air nozzle" I was hoping for insight on what air nozzle to get, and what level of adjustment I should expect to have to do. Thanks a lot.
If it's an Ares Tavor, then you should replace the air nozzle if you want higher than 320fps. It uses standard M4 sized nozzles. Ares makes some highly detailed, quality guns but for some reason their nozzle tolerances are too lose and have crappy air seal which have been fixed if they simply spec'd o-ring seal nozzles. But they don't.

Perhaps its because their targeting the HK and Japanese market which has a 1-jule limit. Their guns aren't optimized to be truly ready to be +380 fps US field guns. Their motors aren't high torque enough to pull 190% springs, their mini-switch triggers are prone to short if you use hi-voltage lipolys and their nozzles leak like crazy when you increase the spring strength.

But like I said, they're beautiful looking. Congrats.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Erebus
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Hemphill

Post by Erebus »

Headkill wrote:
Erebus wrote: So, I recently acquired a Tavor, and had to strip it down to address some issues. I have also heard that the Tavor air nozzle is . . . Let's say less than satisfactory, so I thought while I had the gun apart I might upgrade the air nozzle. However, since there is no "Tavor upgrade air nozzle" I was hoping for insight on what air nozzle to get, and what level of adjustment I should expect to have to do. Thanks a lot.
Wait - you got another one?
Another one? Nope, this is the first. And after tearing it down I wouldn't want another. Beautiful gun, but a pain to disassemble.

And thanks for the reply Moondog. The motor and gears have been upgrades, so I guess the nozzle is next.
Signature and personality being remodeled