Improving FPS accuracy, range, ROF and painting/weathering

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

KJW P226 Feeding Issue

Post by Mark Twain »

Having a problem - won't feed correctly. Have looked at mag and tried new mag.

The first shot after you rack the slide is great. But then subsequent shots either roll out the barrel or go about 10 ft.

If you drop the hammer w/ the de-cocker and rack the slide again it shoots fine. As long as you manually rack the slide it shoots.

It's clean and lubricated. I've taken it apart several times and everything runs smooth and looks fine. All feed mating surfaces look fine as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm usually pretty good w/ the gbb stuff but this one has me stumped. :?:
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Headkill
Site Admin

Re: KJW P226 Feeding Issue

Post by Headkill »

Sounds like an issue with the hopup/bucking.

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

I doubt it's the hop/bucking otherwise the problem would be evident occasionally in initial shots too.

On airsoft guns, the external hammer is largely cosmetic for realism. The real hammer that might be causing this issue is internal and strikes the gas release valve on the magazine. Somewhere in the cycle of operations it's getting hung up and causing that hammer to not fully cock and is likely due to some transition mechanism that causes it to go from a Double Action shot to a single action shot.

It sounds as if the slide isn't cycling properly to push that hammer into a fully cocked position, but on a double action shot, the trigger is pushing that hammer back further. Seems like it could be a sear not catching. My thinking is that less hammer travel equals shorter burst of gas causing flaccid shots.

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

Thanks; great ideas - I will look at both.

I'm thinking possbily that it could be a nozzle issue but haven't been able to ( or had time to ) really explore.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain