Improving FPS accuracy, range, ROF and painting/weathering

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Upgrades for Umarex G36CV

Post by Moondog »

Overkill82 wrote:Hey Moondog. I wanted your opinion since I saw in other posts how much u love the G36 platform. I have the Umarex G36CV EBB and so far I love it. However, with all guns, theres always room for improvement. What would you suggest some of my first upgrades should be? I mean the stock spring is nice and high (390 with .25s) so Im not concerned there. I was thinking innerbarrel and hop up bushings, but wanted your opinion.
Upgrades? I don't recommend upgrading unless there's something wrong with your AEG. If it's firing at 390fps and you can hit a player from 75ft away consistantly, then it's pretty close to the limit of most fields so there's not much you can improve.

Bushing? Are you experiencing inconsistencies in your BB path or a limp ballistic trajectory? That's really the only reason to change bushings.

The only thing you may want to do is improve your trigger response/ROF by adding a higher voltage LiPoly or LiON battery. You'll want to add a trigger bypass MOSFET to avoid trigger contact burnout.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Overkill82
Game Producer / Retailer
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Westbrook

Re: Upgrades for Umarex G36CV

Post by Overkill82 »

Yea a little inconsistency in the BB path. As for the battery, is a LiPoly/LiON battery necessary? I have a 10.8v 1600mah NiMH Peq Box on it right now, and it seemed to be firing just fine. Another question I have though is that I am a bit of a sprayer, definitely a support role player, and I have a C-Mag for it. While firing it with the C-Mag, the motor in the grip got decently hot. Not enough to hurt me or "burn" but just noticeably warm. I never had this happen with my JG G36K so curious if its normal.
ICS CXP 16L Sportline, Cyma cm030 Glock, JG G36K, A&K M249 Para

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Overkill82 wrote:Yea a little inconsistency in the BB path. As for the battery, is a LiPoly/LiON battery necessary? I have a 10.8v 1600mah NiMH Peq Box on it right now, and it seemed to be firing just fine. Another question I have though is that I am a bit of a sprayer, definitely a support role player, and I have a C-Mag for it. While firing it with the C-Mag, the motor in the grip got decently hot. Not enough to hurt me or "burn" but just noticeably warm. I never had this happen with my JG G36K so curious if its normal.
10.8 will be plenty fast for ROF and trigger response.

Motor is going to get hot the more you use it. Not anything you're going to fix, other than by choosing a weaker spring and lowering the ROF by using a lower voltage battery.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Overkill82
Game Producer / Retailer

Post by Overkill82 »

Ok, as I said, it was something that hadnt happened in my JG so I was curious. But it makes sense since the spring is stronger in the Umarex.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Harder spring is causing more resistance/torque which translates to more current going through the motor to turn the magnets to counteract that resistance = more heat.

Overkill82
Game Producer / Retailer

Post by Overkill82 »

Sweet. I cant wait to field it, ive only had some field shooting, no games yet. Hoping to test it out before the end of the year.