G&P m4 upgrading for greater consistency at longer ranges

Improving FPS accuracy, range, ROF and painting/weathering

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Sleeper
First Name: Jesse
Last Name: Hart

G&P m4 upgrading for greater consistency at longer ranges

Post by Sleeper »

I have a Stock G&P m4 and I just feel that its a bit lacking at range and im usually using .28s, but I dont know a thing about the internals of an airsoft gun
I havent heard much good or bad about G&P, and i've been having trouble finding internal tuts on youtube
Can anyone give me a low down on the internals on a simple mind kind of level?
Or if there are any common occurrences that have been known to cause problems in this line of gun?
I love it to death but I just get so nervous anytime I open it up, which I feel as an airsofter I should be able to do regularly.
I'm looking to upgrade some of the internals to get a greater consistency in my shots at a longer range, as I feel it has enough fps but maybe increasing the fps without upgrading to a lip as well
I really want to get it shooting at Operator level so I can feel a bit more confident going to one and playing with you veterans
I also recently bought a madbull tightbore barrel and silencer so i can have it longer than 363mm (good/bad investment?)

I would never have gotten this gun if it werent on sale for $175 new off of evike

PeterEx2
First Name: Pedro
Last Name: Ramos

Re: G&P m4 upgrading for greater consistency at longer range

Post by PeterEx2 »

Sleeper wrote:I have a Stock G&P m4 and I just feel that its a bit lacking at range and im usually using .28s, but I dont know a thing about the internals of an airsoft gun
I havent heard much good or bad about G&P, and i've been having trouble finding internal tuts on youtube
Can anyone give me a low down on the internals on a simple mind kind of level?
Or if there are any common occurrences that have been known to cause problems in this line of gun?
I love it to death but I just get so nervous anytime I open it up, which I feel as an airsofter I should be able to do regularly.
I'm looking to upgrade some of the internals to get a greater consistency in my shots at a longer range, as I feel it has enough fps but maybe increasing the fps without upgrading to a lip as well
I really want to get it shooting at Operator level so I can feel a bit more confident going to one and playing with you veterans
I also recently bought a madbull tightbore barrel and silencer so i can have it longer than 363mm (good/bad investment?)

I would never have gotten this gun if it werent on sale for $175 new off of evike

Increasing fps relies on a few things. Air seal, spring strength , inner barrel diameter and hop up. the battery does not raise fps. Air seal is key. I run a lightweight aluminum piston with a full rack of steel teeth with a ported aluminum piston head. also an air nozzle with an o ring helps. The tighter the bore on your inner barrel the more fps you gain as well the length generally doesn't affect it, a 363 mm is fine I run a 300mm. cleaning the hop up or changing to a fishbone hop up nub helps with range also. I learned how to mess with internals through you tube videos hehe, but every gun has its own tweeks and tricks to get it working properly.