OP: Bad Blood 2013 - NY 5.18.13

Airsoft games, OPs, fields and planning
Frogman
First Name: Nik
Last Name: Grohman

Re: OP: Bad Blood 2013 - NY 5.18.13

Post by Frogman »

I have a few.... comments, for lack of a better word, about the rules for this Op, and I want to say before you read any further, that while it may seem like I am being rude and ignorant, I do not wish to come off that way.

My team attended Bad Blood last year, and I was told (as I said, I was TOLD, because I wasn't actually there) that only those under 18 had to wear face protection. I was also informed that the face protection could be something like a simple balaclava.

[However, the rules THIS year state that 18+ must wear a facewrap type item, while those Under can only wear a PB/Airsoft mask, or an Iron mask.]

Why the change of rules?

If the Item inside the brackets REMAINS true, I have several questions as to what is considered a face mask. Half of my team is under 18, and we all use Over the Ear headsets of some type, which, while wearing the Iron Face, such as the Matrix Iron Face, it does not appear that Over the Ear headsets could be worn. So, is there a solution to this, such that the masks could be those of a Neoprene mask? And what is considered an "Iron Face". I know that Hakkotsu (sp?) makes such an item, would they be allowed to use those?

Once again, I know it seems like I'm bitching or complaining in some way, and I don't wish to start a huge argument, rather, be enlightened upon the change and perhaps a solution to the problem.

Many thanks

Frogman
Callsign: FROGMAN
Leader of Shoot to Kill Airsoft (StK - "SticK")
Weapon of Choice: Custom M16A4 Build - "Lucy"

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

I refer you to the 1st post which reads:
• Adults must wear face protection (bandanna, shemagh, balaclava, mask)
• Minors must wear PB/airsoft masks, or mesh masks + goggles
Which is identical to the rules from last year: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1020

So there has been NO rule change. If you're friend's thought there wasn't such a rule, they're incorrect or don't remember it. This rule is an INSURANCE requirement of the field and they have been very clear that all players must "wear" face protection. Whether you wear it around their neck or around your face is up to you while you're playing. But all players must present face protection at sign-in. No exceptions.

Yes, a simple balaclava is a face wrap would suffice for an adult.

For minors, they can wear these type of Matrix Iron Face masks http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=35696

Depending on their head size and placement of their headsets, it may or may not fit. Though if you're clever you may be able to MacGyver a way to attach each side of this mask to each earcup of a Peltor or similar headset. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=38625
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Frogman

Post by Frogman »

Now I understand that they can wear those masks, but, are they REQUIRED to. Like, what freedom do they have in what face covering they wear. Must it be a mask?

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Frogman wrote:Now I understand that they can wear those masks, but, are they REQUIRED to. Like, what freedom do they have in what face covering they wear. Must it be a mask?
Who are you referring to by "they"? Minors are adults?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Frogman

Post by Frogman »

My bad. "They" refers to the minors. I know I'm making this a big deal, but I'm trying to get everyone to get the gear in time, and while I know we have plenty of time left til Bad Blood, I like knowing that my team is ready in advance.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Frogman wrote:My bad. "They" refers to the minors. I know I'm making this a big deal, but I'm trying to get everyone to get the gear in time, and while I know we have plenty of time left til Bad Blood, I like knowing that my team is ready in advance.
Minors will be required to wear their mask on their face at all times while playing. We don't want parents complaining or suing somebody if their kids chip their expensive orthodontia.

Adults on the other hand, like I said you just need to wear it around your head somewhere.

Frogman

Post by Frogman »

Which goes back to the original message, what is considered a MASK for minors. Is it ONLY the Paintball/Airsoft/Iron Face? Or could they use something like a Neoprene covering.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Frogman wrote:Which goes back to the original message, what is considered a MASK for minors. Is it ONLY the Paintball/Airsoft/Iron Face? Or could they use something like a Neoprene covering.
Hard or rigid masks. I don't recommend neoprene for minors as over heating is a real concern. May starts to get warm. I'd recommend this one for minors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFZ9lrs8E4

Jenkins
First Name: Paul
Last Name: Jenkins

Post by Jenkins »

Yes im so excited last year was so much fun but im missing the sof team, with ucp and muilticam i think you should put an sof team up again definitly. Or at least put the multicam on the NATO team that would make it nice since everybody wants to be an american most of the time their loadouts reflect that so i think multicam should go on the NATO team.
Last edited by Jenkins on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RTF-01____P. Jenkins, 2012 Bad Blood Veteran, 2013 Bad Blood Veteran, 2015 Bad Blood Veteran

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Jenkins wrote:Yes im so excited last year was so much fun but im missing the sof team, with ucp and muilticam i think you should put an sof team up again definitly.
If you're wearing Multicam join Deus X. If you're wearing UCP then join Taskforce. It's that simple.