OP: Bad Blood 2014 - June 21-22 NY

Airsoft games, OPs, fields and planning
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: OP: Bad Blood 2014 - June 21-22 NY

Post by Moondog »

Warrior wrote:I wanted to share an issue with you guys that a large group in my team and I faced at last year's game. We were all on Task Force Congo. During the 3-4 hours in the middle of the op, we could not find our embeds. In all seriousness I recall being attacked by the OD Mercs in the village about half way into the game. We eventually lost the village and all of our guys with me were dead. We would've just respawned like everyone does when they get hit, but there way one major problem; we could not find our embed. We looked, checked out comms and literally NOBODY could find him. This did not happen just once, but several times and took a lot of play time from me and left a sour taste in my mouth after experiencing that. I don't know if this occurred with any other players but I think it isn't the best way to respawn. I personally believe utilizing Bo's Wounded Rule would work much better for everybody and I have a feeling a lot of players attending are already familiar with the rule and can explain it to anybody who doesn't by game day (which would really surprise me considering how easy the rule is to follow.
I would like input from the ones who have a say in what the game rules are because I think it could make Bad Blood 2014 an overall better experience for the my team and myself who are excited for this year and plan on getting Deus X tickets ASAP.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any response I receive.
Thank you for your feedback. We don't ever plan to incorporate Bo's wounded rule for this game because this game format isn't designed to encourage teams to hold ground. Teams should maneuver in force and stay together centered around their EMBED or vis-versa.

I'm not sure who told you to "hold" the village or why but if you again told to hold a position, whoever gave that order better give you clear instructions as a rally point where you can reassemble with your faction group and find your EMBED.

It's incumbent upon your squad leader, your CO or your team's other EMBED (each team has two) to coordinate and communicate to get you. If they can't find your embed, they should tell you to come back to them. If you can't get your EMBED on the radio, then find a PSI field Ref they have another set of radios and can either find your EMBED tell where you can hook up with your faction.

In all cases, you really shouldn't be going off on your own during a Bad Blood game. As I said, this is a large force game not a Special forces small-unit game.

PS
As an aside, I've played under Bo's Wounded Rule at a number of large games and I choose not to use it. It's too often abused to the point of ridiculousness. Almost nobody follows Bo's Wounded Rule properly, for example have you EVER seen any player use their white sock? Any when's the last time you saw a wounded player call themselves out after getting hit while bleeding out?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

cfield wrote:A few questions if you could help me with:
What additional requirements (if any) for Polarstar users (ie reg lock, etc)?
What type of HPA fills are available? Is there any cost?

Thanks. I may have a small squad coming with me from South Jersey.

HPA fills are available at the field (it is a full-service paintball field). I believe they included free fills last year, so expect them to do so again this year.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Thumper
First Name: Ethan
Last Name: Stadler

Post by Thumper »

Moondog wrote:
Thumper wrote:Just to make sure does ACU (Army Combat Uniform) still work with Taskforce Congo and if it does me and at least two others are coming to taskforce congo.
Yes ACU is still approved for Taskforce.
Thank you very much
Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Heartless
First Name: Jahtiba
Last Name: Collins

Post by Heartless »

Brand new to this whole thing (so please excuse me from flaming), but is it possible I could buy a ticket for just the Sunday bonus game. Is such a thing allowable? (I'm never available on Saturdays, btw my loadout is multicam so I guess I should try to hook up with the Deus X faction).

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Heartless wrote:Brand new to this whole thing (so please excuse me from flaming), but is it possible I could buy a ticket for just the Sunday bonus game. Is such a thing allowable? (I'm never available on Saturdays, btw my loadout is multicam so I guess I should try to hook up with the Deus X faction).
For the Sunday game only is the same price.

Arsenal
First Name: sean
Last Name: jones

Post by Arsenal »

So just to clarify. Tribals can wear basicly anything(except specified colors) including opposing teams patterns?
Armory:
ICS CXP16L,
ICS CXP CONCEPT
WE G18C,
CA P90 Terminator Mod,
UMAREX SL9,
M3 TriShot shotgun,
A&K m249 SAW,
King Arms GBB M4
Tippmann M4 HPA X2
A&K Masada DMR

OP: Bad Blood 2013-OD Mercs
OP: Bad Blood 2014-Tribal Militia
OP: Bad Blood 2015- Deus X
OP: Bad Blood 2016- CO Deus X
OP: Tantalum Contract 2013-A.S.S.
OP: Tommy Gun 2-Imperial Guard
OP: Fallout 6 East-CO Liberty Militia
OP: Turkey Shoot 2014-Embed Militia

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

Arsenal wrote:So just to clarify. Tribals can wear basicly anything(except specified colors) including opposing teams patterns?
Tribals are expected to wear civilian clothing, no camouflage patterns at all, unless you want to wear hot pink "urban" camo.

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

sonic wrote:
Arsenal wrote:So just to clarify. Tribals can wear basicly anything(except specified colors) including opposing teams patterns?
Tribals are expected to wear civilian clothing, no camouflage patterns at all, unless you want to wear hot pink "urban" camo.
I only ask because if you click on the tribal link on the first post it says otherwise( can wear other teams camo tops or real tree camo
Armory:
ICS CXP16L,
ICS CXP CONCEPT
WE G18C,
CA P90 Terminator Mod,
UMAREX SL9,
M3 TriShot shotgun,
A&K m249 SAW,
King Arms GBB M4
Tippmann M4 HPA X2
A&K Masada DMR

OP: Bad Blood 2014-Tribal Militia
OP: Bad Blood 2015- Deus X
OP: Bad Blood 2016- CO Deus X
OP: Tantalum Contract 2013-A.S.S.
OP: Tommy Gun 2-Imperial Guard
OP: Fallout 6 East-CO Liberty Militia
OP: Turkey Shoot 2014-Embed Militia

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

Arsenal wrote:
sonic wrote:
I only ask because if you click on the tribal link on the first post it says otherwise( can wear other teams camo tops or real tree camo
Tribal Militia (NPC team)
Uniform: Civilian plaid or Hawaiian printed shirts (except black, red, orange or yellow) -taken from the first post in the thread

Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Tribal Militia (NPC team)
Uniform: Civilian plaid or Hawaiian printed shirts (except black, red, orange or yellow) -taken from the first post in the thread[/quote]

Understood. But please click on thetribal militia (npc team) link right above that and you may see why im confused
Armory:
ICS CXP16L,
ICS CXP CONCEPT
WE G18C,
CA P90 Terminator Mod,
UMAREX SL9,
M3 TriShot shotgun,
A&K m249 SAW,
King Arms GBB M4
Tippmann M4 HPA X2
A&K Masada DMR