Operation Reality Check 5. August 8-10th 2014 at Ground Zero

Airsoft games, OPs, fields and planning
OPRC
Game Producer / Retailer
First Name: Nolen
Last Name: Law

Operation Reality Check 5. August 8-10th 2014 at Ground Zero

Post by OPRC »

This Year Operation Reality Check will be conducting two 24-hourMil-Sim Events.
Operation Reality Check 5 in Connecticut and Operation Reality Check Stronghold in the South.
Operation Reality Check 5 will be a 24-Hour Role and Mil-Sim Players Event and be a continuation of Operation Reality Check 4, as well as some story-line influences from Operation Reality Check Stronghold, which will take place in Virginia on the weekend of June 13th-15th.

Set in West Africa, the continuing battle for control of the nation of Roctavia, and the wealth that can be earned from its natural resources, the battle has taken a twist. The Chemical weapons attack by the Corporation known as SEANF, the Brave Heart Security employers was designed to kill off Areiel B’otch and everyone else in the Valley with no witnesses. The plan failed, but as the War is a clandestine battle, there is no record of the attack. Only those who want revenge know. That and a few members of the international community that will not be silenced. B’otch is now missing, assumed to be dead. The UN has pulled out and are now replaced by an international and well-funded AIMAF, a branch of AIM that also sponsors AIMAM and AIMAS. Brave Heart Security is now under the direct Supervision of a SEANF liaison, a Serbian Colonel veteran of the Balkan War and expert in Population Control, Uystay Nilgo.

Every high point is in the control of a thinly stretched Brave Heart Security force, and an population without their leader, Shalie Yocum are descending into chaos. Chief Studwell of COPPIG as resorted to extreme control tactics, but news of what is happening in the Cotti Conti Valley is emerging. A man identifying himself only as Swampy Pete is making himself known from his Blog, “Between Great Soggy and Little Chubby”.

Missions are issued on Company, Platoon Squad and Fire Team level tasks, so all players get the Direct Action Mission or FRAGO, as well as making a direct impact on everything that the team does. Even the individual Player gets a mission based on their "PMC Contract"

The two Mil-Sim Player Teams; White Dragon (Green) and Brave Heart Security (Tan) will b immersed into a World already in progress, created by the Non-Player Characters (NPCs). To be clear, the NPCs are not a 3rd Faction, they do not make alliances. The NPCs are not an OPFOR, they are not there to play enemy on a FRAGO or DAM. They are there to become a part of your mission. They are the local population, and they are controlled by a highly experience staff who ensure that the civilian reactions are real. To enhance the story line further, they will play a Non-Government Organization, A Police Force, An Insurgent Cell, and a variety of other professions that will make your mission the most realistic you will ever play.

As players, you will be tested mind, body and soul for a non-stop 24 hour period.. Problem Solving, Mental Tasks, Team Work, understanding your environment and all under the ever present threat of an enemy force that is trying to complete their own mission set.

Previous Missions have included a VIP locate and Extract Mission, A Mass Casualty following a terrorist attack, Hostage take down, and an evacuation through the enemies Position to an hot LZ.

Not to mention conducting a Firefight through a woman in the middle of Childbirth, a police force being executed by an angry population, locating a terrorist in the middle of a Brawl and trying to protect a police station in the middle of a riot....yes, a simulated Riot.

We call it Operation Reality Check for a reason, and that is because it is hard. It is also known as the most rewarding event you will ever complete which is why every player receives a medal ribbon. It is for this reason that the Roster is limited. Operation Reality Check is about Game Quality, and not about filling the field with as many players as we can to make a fast buck.

Each Team is limited to 77 Players. (This can be increased to a maximum of 99 if there are enough players willing to challenge themselves)
Teams are made up of 2 Platoons of 33 and a command Squad which involves an intelligence Officer, 2 Sniper Teams and an heavier weapons Security Fire Team. Spaces are limited, and the addition 2 Squads are only opened if the full 144 Spots are already filled.

The Cost of the Game will be $100 per Player ($80 for veteran Players, which also includes Zombie OutBreak.)
It will take place at Ground Zero Airsoft Outdoor in Wolcott, CT.

Also, in a bold move that has never been done before. The game will start at “True Dawn”

Players will move onto the field in D the Dark, and await the first sign of dawn, (approx. 4 AM, and play all day and night until Sunday morning, adding an whole new aspect to the that breath taking White Mission in OPRC 4.

Players must be 18+ to play unaccompanied or 16+ if accompanied by a responsible adult.

For more information, please visit the Website at

http://www.operationrealitycheck.com/ai ... scenarios/

Visit us on Facebook
at

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operatio ... ?ref=br_tf
If you are interested in being a Non-Player Character, there is some preparation involved, and scripting for certain parts.
We pay a $20 Gas Allowance as well as a meal, drinks and dependent on role, the Costumes also.

You would be required to be at the field no later than 1600 on Friday the 8th of August

Email: tom, montysutton or call 267 664 9867 for details

Thanks For Reading

Monty and the Operation Reality Check Staff.
http://www.operationrealitycheck.com/te ... -patch.png
Check us out on our website: Operationrealitycheck.com
We're also on Facebook and Twitter. We will be live tweeting during our scenarios!!

MrSpank
Site Admin
First Name: Roman
Last Name: Kamensky

Re: Operation Reality Check 5. August 8-10th 2014 at Ground

Post by MrSpank »

This is THE local event/Op I look forward to the most all year.

For those of you who were always hoping that Airsoft was going to be more war zone simulation and not just a "shot'm-up" than this is the event for you. A real thinking man's version of Airsoft.

I hope to see more people transition to this kind of game play. I mean I'd love to see more organizers make these kinds of events, and I'd love to see more players attending these types of events, and growing beyond shooting at anything that might be another person until you run of BBs and call it a day. There is SO much more to this!

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

Attention all MultiCam, Desert and UCP aficianados! Operation Reality Check needs you. Be part of the final chapter of an amazing MilSim series. The war torn nation of Roctavia needs skilled and dedicated fighters for a 24 hour battle, including a rarely seen night insertion.

Braveheart Security needs eager and ready men, will you answer the call?

http://operationrealitycheck.com

MrSpank
Site Admin

Post by MrSpank »

White Dragon (the green faction) needs a dedicated sniper team.
I'd love some of those pros from Bad Blood who were on General Green's faction.
Those that know how to stay hidden and report information, not just shoot.

This event is different than standard airsoft events.
Much more emphasis on squads. Missions that require thinking. Sometimes creative thinking.
This is NOT an event that is just trigger time.

Harlem
First Name: Victor
Last Name: DeFelice

Post by Harlem »

Thinking about going to this one. This would be my first 24. Any input from guys who played any of these Ops.

Thanks
"The Terrorist knew how we would react they wanted us to speak the language of Violence"

MrSpank
Site Admin

Post by MrSpank »

It requires a different kind of mentality than other games. And that you actually stick with your assigned squad.

This is going to be my third Reality Check event. I've done other 24 hour events like Pine Plains, and multiple times East Wind (over a week long event) Feel free to ask me specific questions about your concerns.

Harlem

Post by Harlem »

Thanks MrSpank for your response. I do have few questions,

1. Are you allowed to go back to your car during the event if you run out of ammo and water ?

2. Any gear that we would need for safety reasons for the night time?

Thanks
"The Terrorist knew how we would react they wanted us to speak the language of Violence"

MrSpank
Site Admin

Post by MrSpank »

1) Going back to your car should be reserved as a last possible situation. Everything that you’re potentially going to need should be hauled into the field in your kit or in your ruck. You can cache your ruck in the CP or respawn. Monty has a basic video demonstrating packing for 24 hour type events.
Youtube: Ne8P81oz9I8
Packing Video

2) Safety at night isn’t just the basic stuff that immediately comes to mind. You’ll want as good of a rest that you can get, to function at your best over the next physically challenging day. You’ll need to be ready for two overnight portions. The first portion, Friday Night, will be racked out by the cars. Saturday Night we will be in the field. You’ll want to protect yourself from the elements and bugs during your sleep. I wouldn’t bring a full tent, since you’d only be in there a couple of hours Friday Night, and there wont be room to or time to erect full tents in the AO. I intend to bring a sleeping bag, pad, and shelter half for sleep purposes. And strong bug spray. Bring a filtered light, white light is the enemy of night time operations. If you’ll need to look for something, use your filtered light to avoid ruining peoples nighttime vision. A whistle. If something unfortunate happens or you really get lost and are not able to orient yourself and navigate the AO in the dark, blowing your whistle will help people locate you. Mandatory death-light (no one can see your death-rag in the dark, so you have to have a red chemlight or electronic red light).

You have to bring your own 3 gallons of water. I’ve done events on this field for this length of time and gotten by on less water, but that was typically in July, not August. Better safe than sorry. Even if you don’t drink it all, you’ll be glad to have extra water to rinse yourself or cool yourself.

You have to bring your own food too. This event is not catered. There is no official breaks for eating. Its up to your leadership to determine when to pull your squad back to stand down and recoup.

As far as running out of ammo, that’s a funny one. You’d think that the longer the event, the more shooting you end up doing. But that is not necessarily true. Typically, I have found the opposite to be true. I’ve gone through more mags in simple skirmish games than these types of day long or weekend long events. In the 9-day long events (East Wind), I’ve only gone through a couple of mags! This is a midcap only game, and all riflemen have to shoot in semi-auto. That should keep ammo consumption down on missions. This event is very much mission/objective focused. Firefights should be quick and decisive. If they are stretching out to more than a couple of minutes, someone is doing something wrong. Also, this game utilizes the same concept as Pine Plains/Black Sheep, a Ready Condition system. The squad’s RedCon determines if they continue or return to CP to resupply. If the squad is low on ammo, water, strength, or bandages, it might have to pull out. So, as a complete squad would return and reload/recoup. You shouldn’t be leaving the field. The squads should not be splitting up. I don’t remember off the top of my head, but I think even if you died, you should ghost behind your squad, like at Pine Plains/Black Sheep.

Another safety item, not specific to night time, but useful when you’re out there for over a day: spare socks! There are parts of the field that are marshes and streams. You may need to cross them. No one needs to have swamp-foot the entire weekend.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions.
I also hope that this inspires more from the NYCAS scene to sign up for this event.
Last edited by MrSpank on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added packing video

Harlem

Post by Harlem »

MrSpank,
Thanks for the load down . This info will be helpful, I'm even more interested . If all is well I will be signed up next week .

Thanks

ventris
First Name: Andy
Last Name: garcia

Post by ventris »

this sounds like the coolest thing in the world. im signing up next week.