OP: Fallout 6 EAST - NY 8.24.14

Airsoft games, OPs, fields and planning
sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Re: OP: Fallout 6 EAST - NY 8.24.14

Post by sonic »

Alpine wrote:Are there still hi cap rules in phase three? Also, are coldsteel brand rubber knives allowed?
Phridum's HiCap rule is in effect. Rubber knives are allowed but use common sense. No stabbing, throwing, etc.

Eric Hovasapian
Unverified Account
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Hovasapian

Post by Eric Hovasapian »

Can I wear woodland camo for the Hudson union and do I need a radio????!!!

sonic
Site Admin

Post by sonic »

Eric Hovasapian wrote:Can I wear woodland camo for the Hudson union and do I need a radio????!!!
Woodland camouflage is fine for Hudson Union. A radio is part of the required equipment for all of our events. It's more a safety device than anything else. In a game like Fallout, the chances of you being off alone are increased, and if you fall injured, a radio is the only way we'll find you in a timely manner.

Please post an introduction and update your user avatar per forum rules.

sonic
Site Admin

Post by sonic »

ATTENTION ALL FALLOUT ATTENDEES

There has been a little confusion about which waivers to fill out for Fallout 6 East. ONLY The waivers found in the Player Handbook found in this thread or on Facebook will be accepted. Minors must have their waivers signed by a parent prior to the game or at the field in person.

A separate waivers PDF can be found attached to the FIRST port in this thread
http://nycairsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 100#p17100

Argon
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Woods

Post by Argon »

Does anyone have a shotgun scabbard that they would sell at the field on game day?
Note to any Taliban personnel: ALL SUICIDE VESTS MUST BE TESTED TO INSURE THEY WORK BEFORE GOING AFTER A TARGET.

OP Bad Blood
Blue Bloods 2014 OD Mercs 2015
OP Fallout 6
Hudson Union

Ranger Psycho
First Name: Noah
Last Name: Bristol

Post by Ranger Psycho »

Guys, I'm in a pickle. I can't find the invoice I printed earlier, but do have my wavers. If I show up on the field with the package from Evike with the wristbands and patches and a digital copy of the invoice on my phone, am I going to have a problem. Otherwise I'm going to have to figure out where the nearest kinkos is.

sonic
Site Admin

Post by sonic »

Wrist tag, id and waivers is all you need.

Ranger Psycho
First Name: Noah
Last Name: Bristol

Post by Ranger Psycho »

sonic wrote:Wrist tag, id and waivers is all you need.
Oh good, that's all I need. That's a relief; I was just about to ask if I needed any airsoft guns :lol:

*edit

What I meant to include was; cool, thank you.

Carbon
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: O'Brien

Post by Carbon »

Well seeing as though the game has concluded, and there is not an AAR yet, I thought I would post some after game thoughts right here. To start, overall the game was fun. Fallout is always a fun themed game to go to and it is a ton of fun that Fallout is the game it it based off of. So thank you to NYC Airsoft for being so awesome for not just Fallout, but every Op you guys do here on the East coast.

Now for the game.

I felt that phase 1 went fine. I had a decent amount of ammo for my sniper rifle and things were going well. Thats until enclave rolled around, which also leads me into phase 2.....

Phase 2 was a bust. Stupid as I was, I went to get my AEG, but realized it was kind of useless as i had like 20 bbs and only hi caps. And I felt the enclave was terrible. Whose idea was it to have a team of guys that can shoot full auto with unlimited bbs and take 9 shots to kill when we all have bolt actions and shotguns? I realize the point was to simulate the video game better, but it was a terrible idea. Considering that thanks to one of them, I was shot in the neck which made half my face go numb. Yeah. That was fun. But I am just saying. It is still airsoft, and I know I am not the only one who felt like this was stupid and made the game not very fun. During phase 2, my dads gun went down so I spent the rest of phase 2 fixing it. The sad part is, I had more fun fixing the gun than I did in Phase 2 because I had no ammo and because of how unfair the enclave was.

Im not trying to trash the game. No. Im just trying to provide the honest feelings of someone that was playing during the game, without trying to sugarcoat things. I understand these games take a lot of work to plan, but you have to think of it from the players perspective. Do you want to be shot at by a full auto MG-42 (there is a reason its called Hitler's Buzzsaw) while all you have is a bolt action sniper rifle that you need to get 9 hits with? Honestly, some things need to be thought out better.

And phase 3 was a ton of fun cause I had ammo. Except for the city where the juggernaut guys would get killed, walk around a building and come back and shoot me full auto with a 40 RPS gun. Why even try for the city? You cant kill those guys. But o well.

Overall it was fun. And I am looking forward to future Ops, hopefully soon. I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions to hopefully make this game even better.

Thank you
-HPA KJW KC-02 X22
-KWA KRISS Vector
-Echo1 Full Metal XCR
-Custom Mk12
-VFC M27
-Marui 870
-P* M60

Cerberus
First Name: Ryder
Last Name: DeVrieze

Post by Cerberus »

Carbon wrote:Well seeing as though the game has concluded, and there is not an AAR yet, I thought I would post some after game thoughts right here. To start, overall the game was fun. Fallout is always a fun themed game to go to and it is a ton of fun that Fallout is the game it it based off of. So thank you to NYC Airsoft for being so awesome for not just Fallout, but every Op you guys do here on the East coast.

Now for the game.

I felt that phase 1 went fine. I had a decent amount of ammo for my sniper rifle and things were going well. Thats until enclave rolled around, which also leads me into phase 2.....

Phase 2 was a bust. Stupid as I was, I went to get my AEG, but realized it was kind of useless as i had like 20 bbs and only hi caps. And I felt the enclave was terrible. Whose idea was it to have a team of guys that can shoot full auto with unlimited bbs and take 9 shots to kill when we all have bolt actions and shotguns? I realize the point was to simulate the video game better, but it was a terrible idea. Considering that thanks to one of them, I was shot in the neck which made half my face go numb. Yeah. That was fun. But I am just saying. It is still airsoft, and I know I am not the only one who felt like this was stupid and made the game not very fun. During phase 2, my dads gun went down so I spent the rest of phase 2 fixing it. The sad part is, I had more fun fixing the gun than I did in Phase 2 because I had no ammo and because of how unfair the enclave was.

Im not trying to trash the game. No. Im just trying to provide the honest feelings of someone that was playing during the game, without trying to sugarcoat things. I understand these games take a lot of work to plan, but you have to think of it from the players perspective. Do you want to be shot at by a full auto MG-42 (there is a reason its called Hitler's Buzzsaw) while all you have is a bolt action sniper rifle that you need to get 9 hits with? Honestly, some things need to be thought out better.

And phase 3 was a ton of fun cause I had ammo. Except for the city where the juggernaut guys would get killed, walk around a building and come back and shoot me full auto with a 40 RPS gun. Why even try for the city? You cant kill those guys. But o well.

Overall it was fun. And I am looking forward to future Ops, hopefully soon. I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions to hopefully make this game even better.

Thank you
I think to make it better the enclave could fallow the gun rules and have the 9 lives & unlimited ammo this way they still pose a threat but cant take out our whole vault that's the other teams job to attempt. Also just personal opinion i wish people could have gbb smgs without stocks and pistol mags on semi, that could of saved me from doing nothing the first phase do to only having a shotgun in a hevily wooded area making it in effective. All in all this game is fun and hope for more to come. Love the games. PEACE!! :D
Armory
A&K M249 Saw
KWA M9 PTP
KWA KMP9
Classic Army Scar-L
VFC Scar-H