Outdoor fields and CQB arenas
Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

EAG Combat Simulations

Post by Mark Twain »

http://www.eaghq.com/ADMINABOUT.htm

I just ran across this by accident as I was looking up distributors of smoke grenades in our area.

It is located in Central PA near Lamar PA (it's about an hour west of us). Beautiful country out there.

Go to their website and see what you think. Their compounds look crazy !!!

It appears they have the same mission as the NYC group.

Maybe some sort of collaboration between the two groups could be investigated ? If nothing else it's another venue to host games at.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

sk
First Name: Mr
Last Name: ski

Re: EAG Combat Simulations

Post by sk »

Looks cool - interested as well ...
Former NEO FTL; Now rolling solo!

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

sk wrote:Looks cool - interested as well ...

The overall area is pretty rural but this location is close to Highway 80.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

This place looks pretty awesome guys! Hmmmmm
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Rosales
Site Admin
First Name: Japheth
Last Name: Rosales

Post by Rosales »

I checked the pics on the site. Though the structures look better than what they have at PSI it still looks like it would give out in a few years time. From what I gathered from the guys at SFS they are also have something planned for the riverhead field. Much sturdier structures and more of a mout environment. Dont quote on that though.
Do not meddle in the affairs of a dragon. For you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Fallout: Buran veteran
T4T 2012, 2013, 2014
OP: Seabird
Bad Blood 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 veteran

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Rosales wrote:I checked the pics on the site. Though the structures look better than what they have at PSI it still looks like it would give out in a few years time. From what I gathered from the guys at SFS they are also have something planned for the riverhead field. Much sturdier structures and more of a mout environment. Dont quote on that though.
It started in 1995 as a paintball field and shifted to airsoft in 1999. In 2001 they began to focus on milsim. It looks to be pretty well established.

My guess is they have a dedicated core of players much like NYC.

Maybe we should send out a recon element some time ? :roll: I think they have open play this Sunday.

(Note : It's a straight shot down Highway 80 and looks to be about 4 hours from Manhattan. The good thing is Manhattan is about 2.5 from us. We could hook -up on 80 and I can drive 2nd half. Can bring the king cab truck - seats 5 comfortably with room for gear in covered bed)

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Definately go check it out for us and post photos. From the AO map, it doesn't look much larger that FBX but the compound field looks fun.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Moondog wrote:Definately go check it out for us and post photos. From the AO map, it doesn't look much larger that FBX but the compound field looks fun.
If I did the math correctly it looks to be about 4.7 acres total

Have to check w/ the boss to see what Sunday looks like. :? Let me know if anyone else might be interested.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

I e-mailed EAG today and Graham Dunkle ( one of the original founders ) immediately got back to me. Sounds like a great group as they are really into keeping airsoft a milsim experience just like NYC.

I had a couple of questions about their "open play" on Sunday as I am thinking seriously about attending. Graham also invited me to come out to http://www.eaghq.com/OP12SIMULATION.htm on Saturday night and then come to open play on Sunday for free.

My knees are still recovering from Tantalum LOL ! I don't have any "night" gear except a G&P PEQ box but am thinking about it.

Anyone interested on going on Sunday ? I'd forego thinking about Saturday night if soneone else wants to go on Sunday. We can meet out on 80 somewhere near Berwick PA ( I'd even come out to 81 and 80 to meet if you'd like. That's about 30 miles East of Berwick ) and I will drive the rest of the way. Let me know asap !!

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Looks like I'll be going to the night op tomorrow evening - http://www.eaghq.com/OP12SIMULATION.htm

I'll be hitting highway 80 at Bloomsburg around 15:30 if anyone is interested in joining up.

Not sure if I'll be up to staying for open play on Sunday at 12:00 after a 21:00 to 2:00 op on Saturday.

Hope to bring photos / AAR or ????? back to the group. 8-)

Mark Twain 1835-1910