Invite to Keeper's private field 7-14-12 Updated for 8-25

Outdoor fields and CQB arenas
Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Invite to Keeper's private field 7-14-12 Updated for 8-25

Post by Mark Twain »

I was fortunate to receive an invite from the NEPA crew (home of the Patriots) to come and play on Keeper's private field http://www.nepa-airsoft.com/7/. Several of the members and I had played together at the EAG night ops a few weeks ago.

It was a great group today and we pretty much played until we dropped.

Keeper has put together quite an amazing field on the approximately 5 acres we played on today. He has somewhere around 15+ buildings ( several two story w/ bridges to other buildings / exits ) in "The Compound". The rest of the field has plenty of natural and man-made hides, structures, and the now infamous to me "The Wall". (short version of the wall - basically large L-shaped wall in the woods in a good vantage point. 4 of us had to defend against 10. We went down swinging after about 50-60 minutes. I personally expended 1300 rounds in 3 round bursts during the defense of the wall before being killed leaving only one team member alive. The game ended shortly ( thankfully LOL !! as we didn't even have time to drink during the match).

We didn't know it at the time but when I got killed we had it down to 2 vs 2. Unfortunately one of the two on the other team was Triad who is an amazing sniper and moves like a ghost. He took our last player out w/ a headshot ( as that's all that was sticking out ).

Keeper provided grill / grub and an absolute great field to play on. Thanks to the NEPA crew for the invite. They would be a great fit w/ all of the NYC group.

Last edited by Mark Twain on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Invite to Keeper's private field 7-14-12

Post by Moondog »

Sweet. Tell Keeper to thanks for the invite. I hope some of the other NYCAisoft members take you up on this.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Update at Keeper's:

I was fortunate enough to be invited to join some of the NEPA crew last Saturday at Keeper's private field. It was a small but quality group. And Keeper's field is unbelievable.

I took some pics this time ........................

Here's Keeper and one of his many toys at the infamous wall. And yes it is a 50 cal that holds 15,000 rounds. Sick.

And another one of his talents - grill master for lunchbreak

Here's the group; small but mighty

Last edited by Mark Twain on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

This is the "Compound" . CQB surrounded by woods makes for some interesting scenarios. Over 20 buildings, several two-story with bridges and ramps. And within the compound is "the block" - it's 7-8 rooms w/ moveable walls. More on that later.........

Another pic from within the compound

Inside the "block" standing in suicide alley - 3 different outside entrances dump into the current configuration

Funny story at this location - when defending I decided to "hole" up here and let them come and get me. You can see the exit from each room standing in suicide alley. Bo came into the room to the immediate left from one of the outside doors. He sliced the pie and we shot at each other and backed off. Both were wounded. I grabbed a Tornado grenade out my pouch and threw it into the room he was in just as he yelled "frag out' and tossed an object into suicide alley where I was hiding. Then we both attacked. Turned out that he had thrown an empty mag as a distraction. Unfortunately we were both in range of the Tornado and were killed. We got a good laugh out of that one.
Last edited by Mark Twain on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Here's some of the structures in the woods outside of the compound. In the background is "the wall". I've died there many times............

Here's looking from the woods into one side of the compound

With six players we did 3 v3 team elimination in the compound several times. And then 3 defenders with 3 attackers coming from the woods. Cowboy here.......

Last edited by Mark Twain on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Then as a guest I was asked to play " the gauntlet". I could set the sides up however I chose but generally you go solo or with one other player. The decision was for myself and Cowboy to attack 4 other players in the compound. We actually didn't do too bad and got it down to the two of us vs their dm who is a ghost and doesn't miss. Here we are strategizing as we were pretty sure of his location. We had cleared everything behind us but had some relatively open ground to cover to get to the two story building where the DM ( Triad ) was located. We would need a grenade up close and personal most likely to take him out.

If you look close you can see Triad on the second floor. He could move floor to floor in an instant. And hit you from anywhere as well

Here's finishing up clearing the buildings.......... thanks Phridum

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

The dead.................

And the soon to be dead. I had been hit in the right shoulder and forced to go offhand. Trying to traverse the open field while Cowboy flanked but took another in the right shoulder and bled out. I think Triad killed Cowboy as he went out of bounds

And we had a camoflage experiment - mulitcam against a stone wall / brush.

Fun was had by all.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Re: Invite to Keeper's private field 7-14-12 Updated for 8

Post by Mark Twain »

How's this for a toy collection .....................

http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2011.htm

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Invite to Keeper's private field 7-14-12 Updated for 8

Post by Moondog »

That is quite a collection.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars