VFC AIMS Review

Detailed reviews and links to reviews of weapons and gear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

VFC AIMS Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

Part 1

This was sort of an on the whim purchase. I liked the look of the gun and the blow-back feature interested me. It was purchased from WGC for $418.00 plus shipping.

The box it came in was for a VFC AK74, I'm not sure why they did this. It's possible the gun is so new, VFC has not created an AIMS box. In the box you will find the gun, a 600 round mag, instructions for an AK74 and a two page instruction insert with AIMS specific instuctions.
What you get in the box.
The guns external build is of the usual VFC high quality. The body finish is very similar to their AK74 series guns.
As compared to VFC AK74U

The stock is all steel as is the locking mechanism. The stock locks solid in either the up or closed postion.

Hop-up is accessed by pulling the charging handle back.

Markings on the selector lever.

Sights are steel and fully adjustable.

Markings on the left side of the weapon.
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/p ... C_0135.jpg[/img

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Re: VFC AIMS Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

Part 2

The gun takes a standard 8.4 volt stick type battery. The battery compartment is the standard folding stock type, accessed by removing the dust cover. It uses a standard car fuse, like other VFC models.

Muzzle brake is screwed on and then held in place by a spring loaded pin.

Size comparison with M4

Now onto the blow-back feature. It's with out a doubt a neat feature. I did however noticed that in semi the bolt would bind up and I would have to take pressure off the return spring and fire a round to get it to cycle again. I have not attempted to take apart the gearbox and really figure out how it works. In the attached video you will see how the bolt is run off the gearbox. You'll notice that when the piston does not make a full revolution the bolt does not return to battery. The 2 page instruction insert says that if you attempt to use a 9.6 or higher the bolt will automatically disconnect. Don't know if I believe that. Excuse the large battery and the jury rig, I did not have a stick charged.

As far as how does it shoot. That will have to wait till this weekend for a true test. I'll update the review after I get some time with the gun.

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Re: VFC AIMS Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

Disabling the blow-back

This is how easy it is to disable.

And I'm done. If I was not holding the camera I could do it in less then 15 seconds.