Kings Arms Galil Review

Detailed reviews and links to reviews of weapons and gear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Kings Arms Galil Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

This was purchased on a whim. I used AirHeadz Armory, they beat everybody else's prices. Anyway this is my first King Arms weapon and so far I am pretty impressed.

What you get in the very nice foam padded box. Well you get the gun, one 120rd mag, well written English manual and an actual speedloader.

The gun itself is very solid and appears to have quite a bit of steel in it. The only play in the gun is the fore-grip, it's ever so loose. This is a very minor complaint really.

Since this is a fully licensed copy of the real thing it has full IMI trades. I have never handled a real Galil so I cant vouch for the authenticity of the trades. Being that it is marked 223rem makes it seem like it has civilian markings. The selector on the grip does move but serves no purpose. All weapons controls are in the traditional AK selector setup.

The stock is a folder and very solid in both the extended and folded position. The stock locks positively in both positions.

Mags are slightly longer then real steel STANMAGs. They fit in most of my mag pouches but I could see how some pouch configurations could be a tight fit. The mags are proprietary, I had thought maybe KA would make AK mags work. But as with the real steel the Galil has it's own mags.

It's a bit larger then a 74U.

But slightly shorter then a full size M4.

This gun does have a blow back system. It really serves no purpose other then to look cool. Which it does.

More to follow. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Re: Kings Arms Galil Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

Front and rear sights are fully adjustable and have a cool night setup.

The gun takes a standard AK stick type. It is a little trickier to put the battery in then on a standard AK. You have to remove the gas tube by pulling off the dust cover and then retracting the bolt. It is a very tight fit width wise, as you can see the batteries sticker was torn off. As far as length wise it appears as though it could accommodate at least a 12v battery.

So hows it shoot? I'll let the pictures tell the tale.

This is average with G+G .25 bios.

This is average with G+G .20 bios.

This gun is definitely not going win the hottest shooting gun contest but it works for me. I'm going to pick up 6 more mags and then give it a try as my primary.

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Post by Nachostheclown »

Upon closer inspection, AK mags do fit but don't lock in place. Looks like with some minor dremmel work to the mags and you would be all set. The down side of this is I don't think the mags would work in an AK anymore.

Another option may be swapping out the mag catch with an AK catch or even a custom made catch. I have no doubt taking a little metal off the stock catch would also work. I personally would not want to destroy the stock part.

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Post by Nachostheclown »

Cheap alternative for KA mags.

I decided to try my hand at modding an AK mag to fit. My first attempt was with an unknown brand hi-cap. After literally 30 seconds with the dremmel it fit perfectly. To my surprise it also still worked in my CA 74, VFC 74U and VFC AIMS. So I decided to move on to one of my VFC mid-caps. Same result and they function flawlessly.

Nice fit

As you can see very little had to be done to make it work. Left is unaltered, right is modified.

The more and more I play with this gun, the more I love it. King Arms get top marks in my books for this weapon.

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Great review, NachosTC!

I am in lust for this weapon. It's not one of the most popular battle rifles in the world, but certainly one with the coolest history. One thing I admire about the Israelis is that they identify a need an then get it right the FIRST time.

I have even spent the time finding some equipment to complete a full Israeli loadout. You could find pretty much everything at very good prices from Zahal.org. All their equipment is designed to be used with firearms too, so it's solid equipment.