TM SOCOM M14 Review

Detailed reviews and links to reviews of weapons and gear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

TM SOCOM M14 Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

The box and the packing the gun came in is very nice. It's black with cool reflective lettering. They get an A+ right off the bat for packaging.

The gun came with a plastic flash suppressor glued on, and I mean glued on. Had to cut the thing into pieces and then chip it off. It's threaded just like any standard AEG. The original was packed in the accessory box.

The Micro ported muzzle brake adds a very cool touch to the gun.

I ended up putting a G+P Aimpoint on the gun. I don't care for the TM Pro-sight that they show the gun with.

Trade marks were covered with a safety sticker, Peeled right off.

Overall I think the gun has a really good feel to it. It much more solid then I'm used to when it comes to TM guns. It's weight and balance is very close to real steel. The fore grip does not feel quite as solid as real steel but to someone who has never handle the real thing I doubt you would notice. The stock has a neat sand stone feel to it, nice little touch.

The gun is small. Compared to my G+P M4 CQB it's really not much bigger.

Battery is accessed through the butt stock. It is really well designed for ease of use. I doubt anything more then an 8.4 will fit in the gun with out modding.

Hop-up is accessed through the Mag well.

More to follow.

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Re: TM SOCOM M14 Review

Post by Nachostheclown »

Part II

Gun as compared to the real deal. The receiver is black on the SOCOM where on the real gun it is grey.

Trade marks

Bolts pulled to the rear. The SOCOM still suffers from a non working bolt catch.

Hows it shoot? Not to bad is the answer. It shoots on par with most newer stock TM guns. It's gear box will probably last forever if it's left stock. The safety is located on the front of the trigger guard, and easily moves from safe to fire. The selector switch is on the receiver just above the trigger. That is going to take some time to get used to. You have to roll the whole thing over to put in auto.

I would like to compare it to the G+G version and see which comes out on top.

Overall it's a really nice gun for the money. It's not the end all of AEG's but well worth checking out. I'll probably give it a shot as my primary.