VFC AKS-74UN Deluxe

Detailed reviews and links to reviews of weapons and gear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

VFC AKS-74UN Deluxe

Post by Nachostheclown »

These can be found for $375.00-$450.00 depending on where you go.

The box leaves no doubt as to what is in it. In the box you will find the gun, one mid cap, manual, catalog and something I have not seen before. The retailer included a sheet of paper with test fire info, weight of ammo used, fps and initials of the person who conducted the test. I have to say I really like that little extra touch.

After unpacking the gun the first thing you notice is the weight, the gun feels perfect when you pick it up. Your eye is drawn to the real wood fore grip, the wood appears to have oil rubbed into it to give it a quality feel. The folding stock is held in the folded position by a metal catch at the front of the receiver. When the stock is in the open position it is locked in place by a push button release.

The deluxe version is serial numbered. The serial number is stamped into the receiver and looks very nice.

The hop-up is accessed by retracting the bolt. The hop has nice markings on it to make setting it easy.

The battery is located under the receiver cover and appears to be able to accommodate a 12v stick type battery.

Another neat feature is the use of what appears to be a standard car fuse.

More to follow

Nachostheclown
Site Admin

Re: VFC AKS-74UN Deluxe

Post by Nachostheclown »

To remove the the flash suppersor just push down the detent pin and unscrew it. Fairly easy compared to removing other flash suppersors.

The rear sight has two different apertures.

As you can see by these comparison pics the CA has more of a matte finish, while the VFC has a shiny new from the factory look. The wood on the CA has a cheaper less finished look then the VFC.

Another comparison photo with a CA and a real steel.

I don't have a chrono so I can't verify the info sheet, but the gun fires fast and accurate with an 8.4. I would like to upgrade to 9.6 and see what kind of rate of fire I can get. As far as mags go, it works perfectly with CA high caps. I have heard TM mags will not work correctly but I can not verify that. Overall I think its a well put together gun with a little more attention to detail then your average AK.