NYC Airsoft

The definitive guide to airsoft for New York.
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lowa Desert Ellite boots
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

I was looking for a pair of boots that had a little more ankle support for a left ankle that has seen better days ( especially with OP Bad Blood coming up in the Plattekille NY terrrain). The US hasn't really decided what their new mountain boot is going to be ( or at least made it avaialable) so I decided to look at what the Brits have.

http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/312/products_id/3314

They use the Lowa Desert Elite boots. Having had a set of Lowa hiking boots for many years I was intrigued. After researching I decided to get a pair but holy cow !!! They were listed online here in the US for $350.00. Yikes.

Moral of the story is I found them at BeckettsAdventure in the UK for 175.00 + shipping. It took 3 days to have them at my door once they were shipped; it was great.

I've worn them for about 3 days total and like any leather hiker they will require some break-in. However by the third day they began to feel like slippers. I'm totally satisfied with them and the folks at Beckett's were awesome. I also like that they were "dispatched" rather than "shipped" ;)

Beckett's has a lot of other nice items as well.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Post subject: Re: Lowa Desert Ellite boots
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Those are some nice looking boots you got there! Let us know how they function after a few events & miles in them. ;)

ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Post subject: Re: Lowa Desert Ellite boots
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Mitsukai wrote:
Those are some nice looking boots you got there! Let us know how they function after a few events & miles in them. ;)

30 hours of wear and 4 hours of indoor play - like slippers. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I'll have them the rest of my life; they're that robust.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain