Uniforms, vests, belts, holsters, shoes and headwear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Lowa Desert Ellite boots

Post by Mark Twain »

I was looking for a pair of boots that had a little more ankle support for a left ankle that has seen better days ( especially with OP Bad Blood coming up in the Plattekille NY terrrain). The US hasn't really decided what their new mountain boot is going to be ( or at least made it avaialable) so I decided to look at what the Brits have.

http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/catalo ... ts_id/3314

They use the Lowa Desert Elite boots. Having had a set of Lowa hiking boots for many years I was intrigued. After researching I decided to get a pair but holy cow !!! They were listed online here in the US for $350.00. Yikes.

Moral of the story is I found them at BeckettsAdventure in the UK for 175.00 + shipping. It took 3 days to have them at my door once they were shipped; it was great.

I've worn them for about 3 days total and like any leather hiker they will require some break-in. However by the third day they began to feel like slippers. I'm totally satisfied with them and the folks at Beckett's were awesome. I also like that they were "dispatched" rather than "shipped" ;)

Beckett's has a lot of other nice items as well.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Re: Lowa Desert Ellite boots

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Those are some nice looking boots you got there! Let us know how they function after a few events & miles in them. ;)
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Re: Lowa Desert Ellite boots

Post by Mark Twain »

Mitsukai wrote:Those are some nice looking boots you got there! Let us know how they function after a few events & miles in them. ;)
30 hours of wear and 4 hours of indoor play - like slippers. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I'll have them the rest of my life; they're that robust.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain