Which boot color for various camo types

Uniforms, vests, belts, holsters, shoes and headwear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Pryme7
First Name: Jonathan
Last Name: Reynolds

Which boot color for various camo types

Post by Pryme7 »

Hey guys so I was wondering, I have woodland MARPAT and CRYE Multicam. I'm looking to pick a new pair of boots and am looking at the Converse Stealth. So I was wondering if I can get away with black? I would like one pair of boots if possible for green, tan, and my future swat load out. I'm kind of doubting though that black works with the CRYE though. So wanted to get some feedback on if I should just suck it up and get two pairs of boots in the future. Thanks.
“I worshipped dead men for their strength, Forgetting I was strong.”
- Vita Sackville-West

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Which boot color for various camo types

Post by Moondog »

Pryme7 wrote:Hey guys so I was wondering, I have woodland MARPAT and CRYE Multicam. I'm looking to pick a new pair of boots and am looking at the Converse Stealth. So I was wondering if I can get away with black? I would like one pair of boots if possible for green, tan, and my future swat load out. I'm kind of doubting though that black works with the CRYE though. So wanted to get some feedback on if I should just suck it up and get two pairs of boots in the future. Thanks.
Are you asking for a specific type of impression?

The USMC uses light brown suede boots.
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... USMC+boots

Darker brown hiking boots would also do.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

Moondog wrote:Are you asking for a specific type of impression?

The USMC uses light brown suede boots.
http://www.google.com/search?client=saf ... USMC+boots

Darker brown hiking boots would also do.
More than a specific impression, I guess I'm curious if it's bad form to wear black with the MARPAT and Crye or if its not a problem. I realize at the end of the day it's just a game so I'm not saying the load out has to be a 1:1 of a specific military load out, but I am trying to stay relatively true to the general practices overall. This coming from the guy who opted to wear sneakers at T4T:LI. Haha.
- Vita Sackville-West

Rosales
Site Admin
First Name: Japheth
Last Name: Rosales

Post by Rosales »

If you will be sticking with the woodland Marpat, a black pair of boots would be ok. That is if you choose to run with only a single color. Do what Angel does (and I will soon too) He kept his black tactical boots for work and his Tan Converse boots for skirms.

Pic posted as reference:
Do not meddle in the affairs of a dragon. For you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Fallout: Buran veteran
T4T 2012, 2013, 2014
OP: Seabird
Bad Blood 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 veteran

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Tactical Research makes a Sage green boot that would go perfect with both Multicam & Marpat. I think the Converse boots are much more comfortable though, being that I'm wearing boots for about 12-16 hours a day I could tell you first hand.
check out this site http://www.magnumbootshop.com & if you plan to buy from them, get the phone number & call. Ask for Bill, he's the owner & a retired Marine. A really good guy! Tell him Angel referred you from NY, He just may throw in express drop shipping! ;)
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

Sweet, thanks Angel. Originally I was thinking of trying to get away with only a black pair so I could wear it with all three loadout colors (MARPAT, CRYE, & SWAT) however I just can't get past the thought of it with the CRYE and I doubt I'll be wearing SWAT enough to rationalize getting black. I'll probably just bite the bullet and go with the tan's. And maybe some day get some black boots if I end up wearing a SWAT loadout in the future. I'm pretty set on those Converse Stealths, my only hesitation is that they're not waterproof, but I'll just keep that in mind trucking through mud puddles next summer.

What hight are yours Angel? 6" or 8"?
- Vita Sackville-West

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Pryme7 wrote:Sweet, thanks Angel. Originally I was thinking of trying to get away with only a black pair so I could wear it with all three loadout colors (MARPAT, CRYE, & SWAT) however I just can't get past the thought of it with the CRYE and I doubt I'll be wearing SWAT enough to rationalize getting black. I'll probably just bite the bullet and go with the tan's. And maybe some day get some black boots if I end up wearing a SWAT loadout in the future. I'm pretty set on those Converse Stealths, my only hesitation is that they're not waterproof, but I'll just keep that in mind trucking through mud puddles next summer.

What hight are yours Angel? 6" or 8"?
You can get by with a black pair. My point is that unless you're trying for a 100% accurate impression, then it really doesn't matter what color boots you wear IMHO.

FYI, the US Army has issued civilian model hiking boots to the 101st 173rd in A'stan so even wearing normal "hiking" boots would be considered MilSim. Having waterproof or at least resistant boots makes a big difference since you may be playing the 'tan' side on a game when it rains or the field is muddy or snowy.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

That's good to know. I am a proponent of waterproof in almost all cases. The only thing is that the converse stealth don't seem to indicate they are water proof. Which sucks ultimately because everything I hear about them is great. I do have a pair of military issue boots in tan I can hang on to I suppose. My thing is they're 10.5W and they flop a lot on my feet. I played in them and tripped at least three times. I really want a boot that runs more like a running shoe, which I hear the stealth is good for.

So I come back to the issue of going with a reportedly very comfortable boot that sounds like it'll run more like a runner and forfeit the waterproof option, or getting something more "boot" like.

Angel have you tried splashing in yours and how do they hold up to the water if you have?
- Vita Sackville-West

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

I have both 6" & 8". I use the black 8" side zip insulated for work, & the 6" multicam WATER PROOF, insulated for airsoft & everyday use.
& YES I said waterproof, the black side zips do not come waterproof. They have different options at the magnumbootshop.com of the Converse boot.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Moondog has a point, rain & mud will play a factor, & I love charging through mud & water because noone expects to find a squad attacking there 6 through mud & water because its just a game. I play to win, they can keep a kill count if they want.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379