MK46 Box Magazine Compatibility

Scopes, Red Dots, Taclights, Stocks, Claymores and anything else
Dizzle
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: McCormick

MK46 Box Magazine Compatibility

Post by Dizzle »

Anybody know if the Star/ARES 1550rd "Nutt Sack" box magazines will fit and feed in the G&P MK46 series? They both feed into the bottom of the gun rather than through the feed tray, and they look like they would work but I'd like to know for sure before I spend the money so any help is appreciated.
I'm gonna make you cry and dip my cookie in your tears.

Speefy
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Long

Re: MK46 Box Magazine Compatibility

Post by Speefy »

A bit of dedicated searching revealed this topic: http://airsoft-lab.proboards.com/index. ... &thread=74

This is quoted from that topic: "- Mk46 series box mags are compatible with G&P " under the ARES(STAR) header.

A second topic, has this to add "oh, and incidentally this also means you can put a full size G&P 200rnd box on a STAR MK46..."
Which was quoted from here: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=116142

Hope it helps you make an informed decision.

Dizzle
First Name: Brandon
Last Name: McCormick

Re: MK46 Box Magazine Compatibility

Post by Dizzle »

Thanks, I appreciate the help but I've seen both of those before. I was trying to find out if anyone has actually had hands on experience with this because I get the feeling that both of those are basing their statements simply on the fact that both the Star and G&P mags are bottom feeding, and not from personal experience. I would hate to spend the money on the mags and then not have the feed tube line up or not have them lock into the gun properly. If I can't get any first hand accounts by the time the MK46 shows up then I'll probably just order one mag and hope for the best.
I'm gonna make you cry and dip my cookie in your tears.