PR-15 CQB

Detailed reviews and links to reviews of weapons and gear

Moderator: redbull

JuiceWizard
Site Admin

PR-15 CQB

Post by JuiceWizard »

This is an on-going review, w/ edits being made over time. Next edits will be tonight when I get the tank filled and test fire it, and then next week after Op Jawbreaker.

What's in the box:
- PR-15 with an orange flash hider
- Black flash hider
- Light Grey Midcap

PROS:

Body:
- Extremely light

CONS:

General:
- No instructions, or in fact any written materials. You get a box with a gun in it.

Air Rig (from Amped Airsoft):
- "Quick Detach" is a very large, heavy, shiny silver piece which detaches no quicker than the cable would without it - however it's loc-tited / glued on so won't be easy to revert.
- Air tank is heavy! I got the Ninja 68/4500 and the weight while empty is very high.
- The regulator on the tank sticks out a long ways past the tank's diameter.

Body:
- Retractable stock wobbles enough that if wobbling is a concern to you, you'll want to do something about it.
- The texturing on the handgrip is very harsh, definitely gonna replace that / use gloves. Holding it for 5-10 minutes left my hand pretty raw, can still feel it 10m later (what's going on here? VFC owners seen this before / does it wear down on it's own?)
- The D-Ring (the piece which holds on the hand guard) is too tight for me to open. Even levering it with a screwdriver I have been unable to take it off, which is a big problem since you need access to adjust ROF / FPS and install a battery. Haven't figured out how to get into this thing yet, sounds minor but it's going to be a pain in the ass every time I adjust the FPS, and since the main draw of the PR-15 was being able to swap between CQB, Field & Sniping in one gun, it's a problem worth addressing.