melted Harness

Advice on maintenance, problems and repair

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Harlem
First Name: Victor
Last Name: DeFelice

melted Harness

Post by Harlem »

Guys need help. My harness has melted together but i have separated the battery and gun .battery was hot . Does this mean battery is no good or is there some grounding issue. Thanks for any help.Www
"The Terrorist knew how we would react they wanted us to speak the language of Violence"

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: melted Harness

Post by Moondog »

Harlem wrote:Guys need help. My harness has melted together but i have separated the battery and gun .battery was hot . Does this mean battery is no good or is there some grounding issue. Thanks for any help.Www
Your title is a little vague. Do you mean your wiring harness? Because harness also means web gear? But since you mention battery, it's more likely you're talking about an AEG?

Start with giving us a more details about which gun, what battery, etc? Links would be preferable. Photos would also help a lot in figuring out your problem.

It's probably not your battery that is the problem. It's just the power source but it can't melt your wires unless you've got a short or some other cause of the large power draw through your wiring.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Rosales
Site Admin
First Name: Japheth
Last Name: Rosales

Post by Rosales »

Totally agree with Moondog. We could use a little more details. A lot of factors can result in your wiring harness to melt. You can start with a visual inspection and check if there are any pinched wires.
Wish you luck with the repairs!
Do not meddle in the affairs of a dragon. For you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Fallout: Buran veteran
T4T 2012, 2013, 2014
OP: Seabird
Bad Blood 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 veteran

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

If you tell us what aeg you have, we can pin point your problem. It sounds to me that you ran a lipo in an aeg that has a by-passed fuse that didnt have a heat resistant trigger assembly & did a rambo move. Never, ever stay on the trigger for long periods of time. They can't handle the amount of heat genrated by the constant flow of power.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379