[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
NYC Airsoft • View topic - Cracked Gear Box

NYC Airsoft

The definitive guide to airsoft for New York.
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Cracked Gear Box
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 am 

Hi Guys, I have a echo 1 scar L V.2 gear box that is cracked on the front end of the gear box. I'm trying to temporary fix the cracking with out going through the welding or soldering this week until after Tantalum. Now I was thinking about using Epoxy putty for repairing metal. Would this help out temporary or would this be a waste of time ? I'm Open to any idea besides buying a new gear box (after tantalum).

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Cracked Gear Box
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 pm 

You could try a jb weld type of solution. Try not to get any to seep into the internals though. Still only a band aid fix and not something I would rely heavily upon, especially for a game.

Drop me a line sometime down the road. I'll give you some advice on how to prevent that type of failure with your next v2 style gearbox.

Post subject: Re: Cracked Gear Box
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:54 am 

Speefy- Thanks
I tried the epoxy putty on the cracks and man that failed big time lol...the piston shot right out. When I receive my new gear box I will definitely reach out for that advice.

Thanks Again