Cracked Gear Box

Advice on maintenance, problems and repair

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Harlem
First Name: Victor
Last Name: DeFelice

Cracked Gear Box

Post by Harlem »

Hi Guys, I have a echo 1 scar L V.2 gear box that is cracked on the front end of the gear box. I'm trying to temporary fix the cracking with out going through the welding or soldering this week until after Tantalum. Now I was thinking about using Epoxy putty for repairing metal. Would this help out temporary or would this be a waste of time ? I'm Open to any idea besides buying a new gear box (after tantalum).

Thanks,
"The Terrorist knew how we would react they wanted us to speak the language of Violence"

Speefy
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Long

Re: Cracked Gear Box

Post by Speefy »

You could try a jb weld type of solution. Try not to get any to seep into the internals though. Still only a band aid fix and not something I would rely heavily upon, especially for a game.

Drop me a line sometime down the road. I'll give you some advice on how to prevent that type of failure with your next v2 style gearbox.

Harlem
First Name: Victor
Last Name: DeFelice

Re: Cracked Gear Box

Post by Harlem »

Speefy- Thanks
I tried the epoxy putty on the cracks and man that failed big time lol...the piston shot right out. When I receive my new gear box I will definitely reach out for that advice.

Thanks Again
"The Terrorist knew how we would react they wanted us to speak the language of Violence"