[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
NYC Airsoft • View topic - Seeking M4 gearbox 101 assistance

NYC Airsoft

The definitive guide to airsoft for New York.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Seeking M4 gearbox 101 assistance
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:47 am 

I wasn't sure where this would go exactly but this seems like the best bet
I'm Looking for someone from here preferably that knows their way around a m4 gearbox and knows about shimming, proper lubrication and maintenance of the gears, pistons, bearings, etc. and how to replace them if need be without having to bring it in to somewhere else and I'm usually pretty good with my hands.
I would gladly pay or offer some sort of compensation for maybe an hour or 2 (or more if there is more to learn) and maybe could meet up before or after an OP. I would also be able to do outside of games, but I am not very close to the city.

Post subject: Re: Seeking M4 gearbox 101 assistance
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:53 am 

Hey Sleeper, I 'm still a rookie in this sport (1 1/2 years) the only way I got comfortable on working on my internals was watching many Videos on you tube. My First gun I got was used and abused so I had no choice to replace or upgrade. I learned depending where you take it to get work on you will get jerked around or even worse. The main thing I learned was to be patient and organized when working on your gear box. Hope this gives you some direction.