Quick fps reduction question

Advice on maintenance, problems and repair

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Sleeper
First Name: Jesse
Last Name: Hart

Quick fps reduction question

Post by Sleeper »

So my new gun is shooting a bit hot at a little over 410 fps, now I am worried i wont be allowed to play on certain fields
I don't really want to buy a whole new spring for it and don't really know how to put one in.
I have this idea that might sound a little crazy, but that's why i came here before doing anything, Ive read that leaving your spring in your AEG after full auto can leave it compressed and can loose tension and FPS overnight. Now i know this isn't particularly "good" for the gun, but i was wondering if its still Safe.
Does it damage anything else in the gearbox like the spring guide or something?
it sounds a bit stupid even to me, but couldn't find anything on google so thought I would come here

Loctite
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Bernardo

Re: Quick fps reduction question

Post by Loctite »

Is your gun new? If it is not past the break in period, it can still drop and settle about. 20fps less

Sleeper
First Name: Jesse
Last Name: Hart

Post by Sleeper »

Loctite wrote:Is your gun new? If it is not past the break in period, it can still drop and settle about. 20fps less
yes its quite new, a G&P from evike's daily door buster deal
That being said are fields strict about these kind of things? if its like ~10-20 fps over the limit? I haven't gotten to play at many legit fields but never had one that shot this hot
i do plan on putting rounds through before bringing it to my next field to zero in my new scope, and my new midcaps need to be run through as well as some pickup games with a few friends
I might be able to get away at Zulu 24 this weekend, but I'm more worried about the paid for OPS that you guys offer which always look like fun and will hopefully see you guys at the Fallout 5 OP.
Hopefully this wont take too long but i will definitely give it some time before doing anything drastic, thanks loctite

Speefy
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Long

Post by Speefy »

Depends on the field insurance. Something like 410 isn't really pushing it too hot (especially if its 410 with .2s). Field limits are 400 with .25s, 450 with .2s. [Roughly about 1.85 joules]

You should be able to use it without any issues. Your spring will settle in at a lower fps after usage. Don't do the 'leave it in a compressed state'. It's a perfectly new gun, no sense pre-wearing it.

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Post by Keeper »

Like Speefy said, 400 w/.25s is more the norm. if Zulu chrono-ed your gun and you were good, then no worries.
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm