[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2207: Array to string conversion
NYC Airsoft • View topic - Version 6 (P90) compatible motors?

NYC Airsoft

The definitive guide to airsoft for New York.
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Version 6 (P90) compatible motors?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 pm 

So i bought: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=29144

I assumed that it would work in my P90, however it did not fit in the motor cage properly compared to the older stock one. It works fine in version 2 AEGs, but not in the P90. My stock motor on my p90 is ANCIENT. It needs to be replaced, its only putting out like 5 rps. I did manage to get the Matrix motor in, with incredible performance, but I knew it was grinding the bevel. (when shimming it stuck too far in, so I only kept it to fire a few rounds as a test.)

I assumed that all long types would be compatible, but I guess not. Anyone know of some proven motors (speed or torque, anything at this point is an upgrade) that WILL fit in a p90 motor cage properly?

Also while I'm at it, anyone know where to get a wiring harness? P90 parts seem sold out everywhere I look and I don't feel like buying a brand new P90 just as a spare part gun :/

Post subject: Re: Version 6 (P90) compatible motors?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 am 
 WWW  Profile

Haven't messed much with Version 6 gearboxes, but maybe it is a medium length shaft?

http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=24_73_382

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:01 pm 

Found the problem for why the motor wouldn't fit, it really just isn't compatible because something is just a smidge too long for V6. I took out my JG Blue from my JG M4, and it was almost identical to the stock motor for the p90. I don't know the P90 brand since I bought it used but I assume its KS, since it doesn't have JG anywhere on it and there's no sign of Echo 1 either. Anyway, the JG Blue worked in the p90 motor cage so I think it was only matrix that didn't fit.

EDIT: Also, as for my wiring harness problem, there doesn't appear to be any solution other than buying a brand new complete p90 gearbox or a brand new p90 gun. Not one site out of 10 I checked has any type of wiring harness or really and spare parts for the p90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:33 pm 
Game Producer / Retailer
 WWW  Profile

That's what I did to my Kart brand P90, I dropped in an Echo-1 gearbox and viola.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:05 am 

Why not just make your own wiring harness? It's pretty straightforward and the wiring will cost you $5(or less).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:17 pm 

Taronkov wrote:
Why not just make your own wiring harness? It's pretty straightforward and the wiring will cost you $5(or less).

The actual plastic part is starting to crack and fall apart :/ I don't know how I could make that! But I agree, wires are easy.

UPDATE: I ordered a G&P M120 (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=25608) and it fits in the P90 perfectly. It seems only that the Matrix motor did not fit in properly. My P90 is now happily CQB ready.