Slamming mags into your gun

Advice on maintenance, problems and repair

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Sleeper
First Name: Jesse
Last Name: Hart

Slamming mags into your gun

Post by Sleeper »

So I can only assume that it has at least the slightest effect on the hop up unit, but can it be all that bad for your gun?
Would having a metal hop up rather than a plastic hop up be more reluctant to wear and tear? or one piece hop ups as opposed to more than 1?

I only ask this because i recently bought SR-47 mags for my m4 and the only way they will fit is if i slam them in after inserting them into the magwell
I tried firing a single mag and was only able to fit about 100 bbs into it even though it says 170. It also remains unlubricated and has jammed a few times while firing the mag on semi, had to pull the mag out to resume firing

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Re: Slamming mags into your gun

Post by sonic »

Sleeper wrote:So I can only assume that it has at least the slightest effect on the hop up unit, but can it be all that bad for your gun?
Would having a metal hop up rather than a plastic hop up be more reluctant to wear and tear? or one piece hop ups as opposed to more than 1?

I only ask this because i recently bought SR-47 mags for my m4 and the only way they will fit is if i slam them in after inserting them into the magwell
I tried firing a single mag and was only able to fit about 100 bbs into it even though it says 170. It also remains unlubricated and has jammed a few times while firing the mag on semi, had to pull the mag out to resume firing
sounds more like a magazine fault, not your hop up or the mag well. try sanding some contact points to create a more flush surface and lube up those springs.