JG M16

Advice on maintenance, problems and repair

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

JG M16

Post by Keeper »

M16 AEG gearbox problem and I will lay it out logically. A Friend of mine bought two identical QD Gearboxes for his guns. I swapped one out and it is shooting fine and he was using it Saturday. He was very pleased with it. AEG is a UTG Commando with a 1-piece hop up.

Problem Gun: JG M16 stock shooting 335 w/.25s
-Gun has a 2-Piece Hop up unit

What I did:
-Install the gearbox and put the gun back together. Gun is shooting consistent 250 FPS w/.25s
-Swapped out to a higher Spring and it shoots consistently 280 w/.25s
-Put the original spring back in and Replaced it with a Soft Bucking. Gun is shooting 240 Consistently w/.25s
-Replaced the Bucking with a harder one and the Gun is back to shooting 250 w/.25s

Conclusion:
-Spring change worked as it raised the FPS by 20.
-Bucking Change did affect the FPS, but not by a great deal
-After looking at the nozzle on the Stock gearbox, the nozzle seems 'thicker' compared to the one on the QD gearbox. Maybe this is something to do with the 2-Piece Hop Up.

Bottom line: Air Seal issue
-Maybe getting a bigger 'Bore Up' nozzle will help as I do not want to rip the working stock gearbox apart just to test something.

Question: Can I put a 1-Piece hop up in the gun? It did not seem to fit when I tried the one I had. Anyone ever run into something like this?
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

Arsenal
First Name: sean
Last Name: jones

Re: JG M16

Post by Arsenal »

Keeper wrote:M16 AEG gearbox problem and I will lay it out logically. A Friend of mine bought two identical QD Gearboxes for his guns. I swapped one out and it is shooting fine and he was using it Saturday. He was very pleased with it. AEG is a UTG Commando with a 1-piece hop up.

Problem Gun: JG M16 stock shooting 335 w/.25s
-Gun has a 2-Piece Hop up unit

What I did:
-Install the gearbox and put the gun back together. Gun is shooting consistent 250 FPS w/.25s
-Swapped out to a higher Spring and it shoots consistently 280 w/.25-Put the original spring back in and Replaced it with a Soft Bucking. Gun is shooting 240 Consistently w/.25s
-Replaced the Bucking with a harder one and the Gun is back to shooting 250 w/.25s

Conclusion:
-Spring change worked as it raised the FPS by 20.
-Bucking Change did affect the FPS, but not by a great deal
-After looking at the nozzle on the Stock gearbox, the nozzle seems 'thicker' compared to the one on the QD gearbox. Maybe this is something to do with the 2-Piece Hop Up.

Bottom line: Air Seal issue
-Maybe getting a bigger 'Bore Up' nozzle will help as I do not want to rip the working stock gearbox apart just to test something.

Question: Can I put a 1-Piece hop up in the gun? It did not seem to fit when I tried the one I had. Anyone ever run into something like this?
It is possible to switch it to a 1 piece hop up. I've done it a few times with jg's. First you need to remove the lower hop up piece. Then you mill out the front of the lower receiver between the body pin tabs enough so the one piece hopup can slide thru.
Make it look like this http://www.gitactical.com/mobile/images ... Body_C.jpg
Armory:
ICS CXP16L,
ICS CXP CONCEPT
WE G18C,
CA P90 Terminator Mod,
UMAREX SL9,
M3 TriShot shotgun,
A&K m249 SAW,
King Arms GBB M4
Tippmann M4 HPA X2
A&K Masada DMR