Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

AAR Evike ShootOut 2012

Post by Moondog »

AAR Evike ShootOut 2012

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK0Sk8r9BlE

Thanks to all the shooters who came out tonight and the players who donated to the Wounded Warrior Project but weren't able to make it to Strike Force Sports. Thanks to Evike for supplying masks and t-shirts as prizes. Kudo's to Outlaw and Keats who experienced their first airsoft game/event.

TOP 10 STANDINGS
1st Place: DR 22.8 sec
2nd Place: Silver 23.7 sec
3rd Place: Moondog 24.7 sec
(Awarded) Outlaw 28.0 sec

4. Clark 28.1
5. Beast 34.9
6. Phantom 35.0
7. Nidan 35.1
8. Pryme 38.5
9. Wulf 55.3
10. Keats (Incomplete)
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Headkill
Site Admin

Re: AAR Evike ShootOut 2012

Post by Headkill »

Too bad I couldn't make it... 22 seconds - I might be able to top that :)

I was attending a USPSA RO certification course all weekend.

Outlaw
First Name: Luke
Last Name: Rosen

Post by Outlaw »

How do I start my first AAR? Well, I was a little nervous- having this be my first competition to compete in- I've never had any other experience shooting competitively other than going to CQB and field games. I was met by adults- mature players older than I am, but was glad to see the knowledge they possessed. I've participated in events such as field skirmishes and cqb games where the players, whether they be older or younger, be much less mature than I am. It was a pleasure playing with the people I met, seeing they possessed airsoft knowledge far greater than my own, but respected the fact that I am still somewhat of a newbie to the sport. I also respected their kindness, and willingness to play with a teenager. I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again!!
-Luke
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

I'm glad you had a good time Outlaw. I didnt have a chance to be at this event, but I'll be at the next few for sure. I just need to get my new pistol, so I can plink a few targets with you guys! ;)
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Looks like it was a well organized course. I like the "plates" targets, nifty.

Next time, I'd like to see the BBs loaded up to limited to force a random reload rather a prescribed reload station. For instance, require initial mag to have 11 BBs (10+1) and the follow-up mags fully loaded to ensure the shooter is able to finish the course of fire.

Or, allow the shooter to dictate when they reload, so long as at least one reload is performed before the final target is hit.

Option one simulates a combat reload under "stress"; option two simulates an aware shooter making a tactical reload to stay in the fight. You could also mix and match the ideas. Initial mag is 10+1 but shooter can reload before it runs dry.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

phridum wrote:Looks like it was a well organized course. I like the "plates" targets, nifty.

Next time, I'd like to see the BBs loaded up to limited to force a random reload rather a prescribed reload station. For instance, require initial mag to have 11 BBs (10+1) and the follow-up mags fully loaded to ensure the shooter is able to finish the course of fire.

Or, allow the shooter to dictate when they reload, so long as at least one reload is performed before the final target is hit.

Option one simulates a combat reload under "stress"; option two simulates an aware shooter making a tactical reload to stay in the fight. You could also mix and match the ideas. Initial mag is 10+1 but shooter can reload before it runs dry.
Definately next time. This event had a lot of airsoft newbs and I thought it helpful to simplify the course.

If you or Nick has time in the next few weeks we could arrange another one.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Keats
First Name: Nelson
Last Name: Pecora

Post by Keats »

Oh god, that was embarrassing. Thankfully I'm a better shot now that I've actually adjusted my hopup. :p

Tsuyoi
First Name: Tianwei
Last Name: Xiong

Post by Tsuyoi »

Oh God dying @ Wulf's crab hat :mrgreen:
Callsign: Tsuyoi

Loadout:
KWA KM4 RIS with Madbull QD Mock Silencer + Barska Scope
KWA M9
A whole lot of guts