NY Operation Jawbreaker Part IV

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
jawbreaker lie
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bellissimo

NY Operation Jawbreaker Part IV

Post by jawbreaker lie »

I just want to start by thanking everyone involved with this game, without you this game could never happen. This includes my advisers, ref staff, platoon/squad leaders and most importantly the players. This was one of the most successful Jawbreakers yet, we had over 200 players, 221 to be precise and so far glowing reviews. I will break my AAR down by evolution.

Evolution 1: Raid on the WMD site night before the invasion

This was probably my favorite night game yet. This night game there was little of the usual nonsense associated with night games. The IRG was able to hold their site and the inspector never made it into the target area. However the PUK was able to secure the border crossing to Iran and only 3 IRG fighters were able to make it across. The night game was well balanced and seemed fun for everyone. I just want to say how I am proud of my RAIDERs I was able to tell who took this course just by watching you on the field. Doug G, Mike B and Matt A excellent job leading your team, very impressive. Also a shout out to Guad for being the inspector/squad leader for the PUK. Your leadership and guidance was invaluable to the PUK.

Evolution 2: Invasion of Northern Iraq

This is where the big numbers came into play, over 200 players all playing on one field. Each team had their own set of orders with missions that needed to be accomplished in certain orders, This was one of the most dynamic games yet, meaning success or failure of one mission directly affected the next missions or in some cases the overall game. Being I was the lead adviser for the PUK I will start there.

I want to first thank my advisers, Chris K, Ronnie L and Dan H you guys did an amazing job all day. The missions called for the full range of airsoft skills ranging from 2nd Platoons defense of the MSS to 1st Platoon's raids on village and the berm. There were also some awesome recon missions to recover intelligence and to get into the enemy artillery base. The PUK controlled the territory it needed to control and then some, including 3rd Platoon's occupation of Firebase deep behind enemy lines. Great job by all you all fought valiantly and I look forward to playing with all of you again.

I got some feedback from Jon G the lead adviser for the IRG. The IRG fought hard all day and also played it smart. They accomplished their missions through creativity and good leadership. The IRG advisers, Jon G, Joe D, Rich P and Mike E lead their platoons to accomplish nearly all of their assigned missions. Mike led 1st Platoon as a QFR to rapidly fill in any gaps in his lines and to support any missions. Rich P led 2nd Platoon as the Special Mission unit accomplished a daring recon mission to recover their informant. Then there was 3rd Platoon led by Joe D who held the front lines against repeated assaults.

The final battle was epic, not much else to say aside from EPIC. The assault started slow and there didn't seem to have much hope. The PUK advisers were able to rally a significant push into the outskirts of the the Iraqi city towards the end of the evolution. That was some of the most intense fighting i have seen on any airsoft field I have been on.

I just want to say that this game is everything I have ever wanted from airsoft. It was MILSIM but not to the point that there was no game play. Everyone involved stepped up played the game the way it was meant to be played. Orders were given and followed, lines were held and broken, missions were carried out and all of this led to a successful MILSIM game. Before I end I want to thank our first ever Covert Operators, Matt A and Gene C. You have paved the way for an entirely new class of airsoft player. You played the entire day for one team collecting intelligence and then reporting back to your actual team through dead drops and successful extractions. You operated alone and undercover for the majority of the game this is MILSIM to the extreme. I also want to thank the local and regional teams who came out for this event, SIGMA, GMR, LIE, NSB, NEO and if I missed any I apologize. Also the large contingent of players who traveled from other states including the large force from New Jersey for making it to this game. Thank you everyone and I am looking forward to seeing you all on the field soon so we can play together.

sk
First Name: Mr
Last Name: ski

Re: NY Operation Jawbreaker Part IV

Post by sk »

This event was a lot of fun - NEO showed up for Evolutions II & III and fought hard. The opfor was very tough and kept us on our toes all day. Great leadership on the PUK side, big thanks to our advisors.

Looking forward to Cousins next mini-milsim .. going to check the site now!
Former NEO FTL; Now rolling solo!

jawbreaker lie
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Bellissimo

Re: NY Operation Jawbreaker Part IV

Post by jawbreaker lie »

I saw you and your guys out there. Good job hustling all day. The event was a lot of fun and it was awesome to see 200+ players on the same field with none of the usual nonsense often associated with airsoft games. Everyone played hard but more importantly played honorably.