After Action Reports, game photos and videos
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

AAR Stryker 1st Anniversary Blast 10.27.12

Post by Moondog »

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwbEjVVeUbU

It was an huge day. There were nearly 200 players when I left at 1:30pm and they won't be closing until 10pm day. So, it's safe to say that Stryker's Anniversary was a successful day for them.

The field was undergoing a major remodeling. Their new staging area was over twice the size of their old one. The north side of the field which had previously been an open area with rubber tires, pallets and tents has a bank and other wooden buildings.

I rode in with Rosales and Redbull and Rosales' nephew, Billy. We arrived a little before 9am and there were already 60 players. We split the players into A & B groups of appox 30 players. We ran one group through a scenario while the other group waited.

The first scenario was HEAT and this was the first time running it indoors. Group A featured Primer and most of VOA wearing suits as bank robbers. Primer was a boss, dressed just like Psy with a blue suit. The Cops won in both games but we made some tweeks and Group B's run was a little more balanced.

We ran the 1st Evike Headshot dueling competition. We paired up each contestant and at the signal they had to simultaneously take 3 shots at targets on their opponents head. The guy who shot closest to the center won and went to the next round. The winner came down to a round robin of 3 players. The winners all got prizes supplied by Evike.com

1st Place: Tatts
2nd Place: Papa Woobie
3rd Place: Brent

The last scenario was Fallujia, a new scenario I'm been working on for CQB. It was a dry run for next year's OP: Dawn. The Coalition team was led by Phridum and the Insurgent team lead/advised by Mr. Spank. It was the most firefight intense game of the day and by far the player favorite.

At 1pm, the field opened up to players of all ages. Connie, the owner of Stryker held a raffle with prizes from Evike, Stryker and Umarex. Phridum bought a bunch of tickets and it payed off with him winning a G&G tan bodied M4.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Tatts33
Unverified Account
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Tom

Re: Stryker 1st Anniversary Blast 10.27.12

Post by Tatts33 »

Had such a great day and being part of Stryker's 1st Anniversay. Holla to me (Tatts) for winning the pistol competition. Thank you Evike for the KWA HK. Hopefully, I can come back and defend the title next year.

NyCwill
First Name: William
Last Name: Tam

Post by NyCwill »

Man, it looked like a really fun day. Wished I was there.

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

I had a great time at this event. Stryker is greatly improving their facility with remodling and field additions. While I've always hated smoke machines, I had to admit that it really added to the playability of the field. One of the problems with indoor games tends to be being able to lock down the whole field with only a few players. The haze prevented players from being able to see clear across the field.

The staff at Stryker is amazingly efficient at keeping games running. If you aren't ready orpaying attention, you don't play, and there is no waiting for stragglers. During down time I saw them spin up games with just a handful of players while the rest stood around complaining about having to wait around to play. They were so busy complaining they missed the fact that they missed the info!

At one point a Stryker employee came around selling extra raffle tickets atthe rate of 2 for $1. I watched some people hesitate while the brave bought 2 or 4 tickets. I sawthe big picture and bought 40 tickets for $20. It was pretty good odds to win! I very nearly missed the raffle but Delta Tango came running to get me. I had figured I'd win 15 t-shirts and a bag of BBs but I won the Grand Prize, a G&G CM16 Raider (Tan) that Valken Sports had donated. I haven't fielded it but I really like it. Replicas of firearms are cool but it's nice to see features and designs that just make it better for airsoft.

The Fallujah scenario was a great final run for some trigger time. The quick respawn rules made for very fast paced action. The shy and timid needed a little prompting and leadership from my TLs Delta Tango and Papa Whiskey, but everyone who made the effort used a lot of BBs in a short period.

Looking forward to T4T:NJ 2012 at Stryker. If we keep the gameplay simple and familiar and the teams basicly organized, we should be able to run many games.

SgtSerious
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Parish

Post by SgtSerious »

Really great day man, never played in such a close quarters game environment before but this was epic :) Really looking forward to continuing this successful airsoft experience in the USA.
A Big thankyou to all the marshals, organizers and players there, I will definitely be coming back for more!

Argonaut
First Name: David
Last Name: Kaluzny

Post by Argonaut »

Awesome event, a little to crowded for my taste but you can't really control that, here is the montage i made of that day.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6-gCqlP2w

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Nicely done!

Primer just sent me a link to the video he just posted.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukobx2rqXYo
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

redbull
Site Admin

Post by redbull »