After Action Reports, game photos and videos
Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Re: AAR Tantalum 4 - 6.29.13

Post by Mark Twain »

Ubinda, Africa

June 29th, 2013 - McMining Corporation International was able to secure exclusive Tantalum excavation rights using GRDe as their primary security/defense contractor.

The wilds of Ubinda and the associated urban component would require the best operatives GRDe had to offer. The hand selected team was brought in from all around the globe and consisted of seasoned veterans well versed in jungle/woodland warfare to experts in the MOUT environment.

The GRDe Ubinda force consisted of five elements. The nature of those five elements remains classified although ten members of the team were detained at the border and were not available for duty. Each element was well trained and led by experts in their field. They were able to operate autonomously yet still under the control of central command to complete the mission objectives. The overall GRDe force was led by Misery who is known for pushing his personnel to the limits to produce the desired outcome.

GRDe selected the abandoned outpost as their headquarters and location to protect their injured VIP. It was completely isolated from suspected camps of mercenaries (KASH and ASS) hired by rival mining companies but yet had relatively easy access to the mine compound. It was secured and defended primarily by a tenacious element with a leader having 25 years military experience as an Army Ranger. Anti-personnel ordinance was deployed in the perimeter as well as within the compound. “Come Get Some” was their motto. They successfully defended multiple attacks and even while outnumbered provided support outside of HQ as battle weary elements rotated in for some rest.

Three elements, also led by seasoned veterans, were assigned to secure the mine as well as complete specialized mission objectives. This was the down and dirty, door-to-door, take it an inch at a time, type grunt work. This was battle after battle in the hot and humid African environment. These elements did the heavy lifting as they say. The level of opposition from both KASH and ASS was intense as they had brought their A-teams as well. Medics for all GRDe elements were an integral part of keeping the momentum and the subsequent success of the overall mission. Raids on rival mining companies camps / HQ were also executed by these elements primarily to draw enemy forces from the mine to provide support.

The last element was a three-man recon/sniper team. Their mission was to provide recon intel, capture video footage from the enemy camps, take out opposing commanders if the opportunity arose, and generally just cause as much interference as possible. Mission accomplished on three out of four. At times there were enemy teams specifically in search of this unit because they wreaked so much havoc into the compound from their various hides.

With less than 30 minutes left in the campaign the strategy changed. Misery and Cassius entered the compound with shotguns. The element guarding the VIP was taken to skeleton status with the remaining team pushing south through the swamp towards the downed helicopter and enemy HQs. During this push the team closest to the mine, along with the recon/sniper unit and parts of the other three elements, engaged any and all opfor from the woods on the east side of the compound. Kills of 30+ were reported by the recon/sniper team alone.

After the smoke cleared from the final push KASH and GRDe had tied for control of the mine. Mr. Spank and Misery were put in the mine compound for a pistol only domination match. After pacing off back to back the duel began with both participants turning and quickly firing while moving to cover. Misery emptied a complete 1911 magazine and with a well-executed mag change caught Mr. Spank with a round.

KASH and ASS were formidable opponents and in retrospect the campaign could have been won by any of the teams. However the superior planning, implementation, execution, and tenacity of the highly skilled GRDe operatives made the difference.

Our employer McMining International is a very satisfied customer.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

MrSpank
Site Admin
First Name: Roman
Last Name: Kamensky

Post by MrSpank »

sonic wrote:If you're referring to the spot where the ASS operator runs up and says "gimme your money, sucka" that was yours truly, not Spank. I didn't see Spank get ganked during his interview, unless I am in a time paradox and missed it. Damn you Doctor Who!
Time paradox indeed, because in the current version of reality, that was actually MidnightClub, not Sonic... :lol:

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

MrSpank wrote:
sonic wrote:If you're referring to the spot where the ASS operator runs up and says "gimme your money, sucka" that was yours truly, not Spank. I didn't see Spank get ganked during his interview, unless I am in a time paradox and missed it. Damn you Doctor Who!
Time paradox indeed, because in the current version of reality, that was actually MidnightClub, not Sonic... :lol:
We were all there together. Schultz got hit, then me then midnight and we all got robbed

Schultz98

Post by Schultz98 »

sonic wrote:
MrSpank wrote:
We were all there together. Schultz got hit, then me then midnight and we all got robbed

I technically got a reverse IOU "I'll remember that face, you better pay up later sucka" because he couldn't find it in my ruck at the time.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Last call for AARs. The best written will be included in my article for Popular Airsoft.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Anyone else out there have any video of the event to share ? Raw footage, compilation, whatever you have ?

I have an hour plus of trees / brush and a lot of RTO audio LOL ! Of course when I moved the battery ran out ;)

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Alchy-ops
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Tochterman

Post by Alchy-ops »

Mark Twain wrote:Anyone else out there have any video of the event to share ? Raw footage, compilation, whatever you have ?

I have an hour plus of trees / brush and a lot of RTO audio LOL ! Of course when I moved the battery ran out ;)
I have the entire event on my camera but at the angle it was at there's not a lot to see.
Ricochet Tactical Airsoft Retailer Facebook
Shrike Tactical Response Airsoft Team Facebook

OP: Bad Blood 2013 - The Black Shirts
OP: Tantalum Contract 2013 - Angle Sino Security
OP: Fallout 2013 - THE HUDSON UNION
OP: Crimson Skies 2014 - Army
OP: Tommy Gun 2014 - Imperial Guard Invite Only Team
OP: Bad Blood 2014 - Green Army Commanding Officer
OP: Fallout East 2014 - The Wastelanders
OP: Cyrpt 2014 - FREEDOM FIGHTERS

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Here's a frame grab from Moondog's video at 2:56.

If you look closely you can see GRDe's sniper (name edited for security reasons)...................Image

Mark Twain 1835-1910

primer
First Name: Ted
Last Name: Colegrove

Post by primer »

Took us a little while, but here it is!

VOA @ Tantalum 4 - 6.29.2013

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fafh1lj664k
Want to change my signature? http://www.x24d.com/sig_changer/
Moondog wrote:Yes, friendly fire still kills you. Same as real life.