AAR Code Name Buran 5.0

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Re: AAR Code Name Buran 5.0

Post by Mark Twain »

Like Sonic, my AAR isn't complete. But I would like to thank Moondog, the Burans, and Cookie for putting together an outstanding event !

And to the entire NATO team, including our embed Primer, XOs Crash and Handyman, SLs Zero and Chemist, many thanks for a job well done !

A quick update on our friend PSIAMP. He is home and doing better. Here's to a speedy recovery buddy !
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Loctite
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Bernardo

Post by Loctite »

Not much to add than what has been said already besides great first op for me and had a blast.

I was part of Squad Stragglers and wanted to give thanks to my CO and Embed on Borat, I think they did exceptionally well and kept us focused on the objective.

Shout out to the Patriots, extremely great bunch of guys, super friendly and fun to play with. Eric AKA Alamat, the real medic and kababayan! Thanks for helping us out with one of our comrades who twisted his ankle. He's doing fine and was able to playe in the last 30 minutes of the OP.

Edit: I wanted to add that I feel the whole mistaken uniform thing really added a lot of realism to the game. It made squads really hesitate to engage players which made things interesting. From a certain distance, it was really hard to tell ANY uniform, in fact I thought the Patriot's urban subdued wasn't anymore easy to differentiate either.
Last edited by Loctite on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

psiamp
First Name: Anthony
Last Name: Sasso

Post by psiamp »

i am glad that everyone had a great time and i am very sorry that i missed this event and i am also sorry that i missed my chance to be CO for NATO forces and to moondog for giveing me the chance to me the CO and to my team memebers and all my friends that i let down.. i am how now recovering from my op and will be laided up about 3 to 6 weeks before i have to have another operation which should fix me for good not sure how long that recovery will be.. but i plan on coming back better and stronger than every.. to mark twain thank you very much for your kind words and look forward to playing with you again at future ops..

i have been to a few moondog events and i have always had a great time and have met alot of great people this is what this sport is all about people from all walks coming together to play a sport we all love and enjoy MOONDOG KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK NOTHING BUT MUCH RESPECT FOR YOU

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Post by Keeper »

Loctite wrote:Shout out to the Patriots, extremely great bunch of guys, super friendly and fun to play with. Eric AKA Alamat, the real medic and kababayan! Thanks for helping us out with one of our comrades who twisted his ankle. He's doing fine and was able to playe in the last 30 minutes of the OP.
Thanks guy. It was funny that we mentioned that when we were sitting around after the OP that we have a bunch of medical personal on the squad right now. Helps too as I am accident prone!!
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Thanks PsiAmp. Please take it easy and heal up.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

handyman
First Name: adrian
Last Name: tricker

Post by handyman »

Well here's my pennyworth, had great day and enjoyed being XO for Mark Twain, hope I fulfilled his expectations as it was my first time. The 1st act was quick, most of Main 2 were hit trying to swing left of crash site, I think the area we were playing was quite small and made moving uphill against a prepared MIB force meant very little was gained. The 2nd act opened up the play and made it more balanced and enabled Nato to retrieve first Crye gun. As others have said the close colour of the camo made long range identitifaction difficult but that's life. Once Borat had destroyed the Buran it was game over really, I came back at 4pm to reload as someone had picked up our speed loader from our respawn, I went out again and the game over was called just i reached the top of the hill. I was feeling tired by then as nearly 5 hrs play over rocky terrain is tough. Helped achieve, I hope, some objectives and had loads of kills as well as getting hit alot. Looking forward to more Moondog games. Thank you Moondog

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Handyman - thanks a lot for volunteering. You did an outstanding job as xo. I know it was tough as your place is normally being a ghost in the woods.

A lot of the team pre-planning for these events is done in the secure area. As an example we only had 23% of those registered to check in. So that usually means that it has to be done gameday which is not the best IMO.

Still it was a great event with a great Nato team. I'm honored to have been a part of the team.

AAR up later tonight hopefully. ...... :roll:

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

AAR NATO SOF
Turkmenistan
07Sept2013

After a quick mission briefing and boots-on-the –ground recon the NATO SOF was inserted into the AO at a remote rally point. Unfortunately poor intel had located the insertion point within meters of a fatal funnel kill zone. Borat and Russian special forces had been inserted on high ground above the SOF and had immediate tactical advantage. We suffered heavy casualties as we moved to assault the crash site. At roughly the same time SOF moving on the road had their first encounter with what we believed to be the “machines” described in the last known radio transmission from the site. Conventional weapons were found to be useless and the machines (later to be identified as Burans) to be ruthless when fired upon. When left alone or SOF operators played dead the Buran moved on.

As the NATO SOF re-grouped for another assault we received a FRAGORD to exfil for re-insertion at a new FOB. The new FOB was near the airfield and would provide much needed time and resources to re-group, re-supply, and re-establish mission objectives.

The NATO SOF elements moved out of the new FOB with renewed focus and clearly defined objectives. The XOs and SLs led the teams through a systematic search of the new AO to gather intel and background information on the Burans. We found the encrypted intel to be located within various structures throughout the AO and guarded by a well-trained and organized local force known as MIBs. As SOF moved through the AO and engaged the MIB it was noted that classified and mission critical intel was found on the dead/and or wounded MIB bodies as well. All elements tenaciously engaged and acquired intel in the ASAFP mode. Exceptional team work produced a constant flow of both hard and real-time com relayed information. At times this constant volume pushed the limits of Delta X-Ray command to complete the analysis. Outstanding job by the elements.

After analyzing thirty-two pages of hard copy and multiple radio transmissions the NATO forces were able to decode encrypted material to reveal the existence of two cryo weapons, and their locations, that could be used to kill the Burans. These cryo weapons were originally designed for use in the event that the scientists lost control of the experiment. SOF was able to quickly secure one of the weapons after having to break additional encryption to obtain final access. The team was absolutely focused on the objective and provided outstanding results.

The cryo weapon was returned to Delta Xray and then immediately deployed with a multidisciplinary force in search of the Buran. Recon units were deployed deep into the AO to aid in target location. Unfortunately for us the Burans had mysteriously disappeared from the AO for a period of time. False reports of their whereabouts consumed precious time as each required validation. Finally the location was verified by multiple sources and the cryo weapon was cleared hot to engage a Buran at will. The advancing Buran momentarily stopped as the cryo weapon was fired allowing the charge to pass over the shoulder of the machine (at no fault of the operator).

Having expended our only cryo round we had no choice but to attempt to take possession of the second weapon. Because of the thorough acquisition and analysis of the previous intel by NATO SOF we knew exactly where the second weapon was located. And even though SOF had been in possession of the first weapon for over sixty minutes our recon units reported that Borat had been unable to successfully access the second weapon.

Borat had secured the location of the second device while they continued to work on the encryption and final access. SOF knew the exact location and had already decoded the encryption to access the second weapon. Major fighting erupted with both sides taking heavy casualties and relying on the expertise of their medics to keep them in the fight. Replacements trickled in as squads of four or less when they became available. The logistics and distance from vault 53 where the second weapon resided, along with ensuing fierce firefight, to our FOB quickly became an issue for re-supply. Our JTAC was unable to obtain permission for a surgical air strike of the position due to ROE. SOF infiltrated the perimeter several times from several different flanks but was unable to establish enough combat power to permanently rout the Borat forces from the vault containing the weapon. In the end Borat was able to break the encryption, retrieve the cryo weapon, and kill one of the Buran.

There were localized firefights post Buran kill as both sides prepared for extraction. Real estate was won, lost, and re-taken by both sides but none was of tactical or political importance. The MIB were still sporadically engaging NATO SOF and Borat forces as both prepared to exfil and assumed defensive positions to do so.

The NATO SOF was successful in securing thirty-two pages of classified documentation that will be of vital importance to both the scientific and intelligence communities. It is expected that after detailed analysis it will provide vital insight and information as to how the Boran were developed and any inherent design weaknesses. This in turn will help NATO develop countermeasures for the future that will prevent any terrorist or subversive organization from using the Buran technology taken in Turkmenistan on 07Sept2013 for their cause.

NATO SOF performed admirably. They proved that a multidisciplinary special operations group can operate as a cohesive unit yet maintain the autonomy and command structure required to complete their individual objectives under adverse and unconventional conditions. As per tradition “Improvise, adapt, overcome”.

Bravo Zulu – Well done !

It was an honor to run with the NATO SOF group.

Mark Twain out.

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Excellent AAR Mark Twain. I'll definitely include this in the Popular Airsoft article I'm writing.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Mark Twain
Site Admin

Post by Mark Twain »

Moondog wrote:Excellent AAR Mark Twain. I'll definitely include this in the Popular Airsoft article I'm writing.

Thanks ! We really had a good time. We had some excellent role players.

Late in the second act prior to Boratt accessing the cryo weapon it would have been nice to call in an AC-130 for a FLIR/DLIR pass, flip on my IR beacon ( if I had one LOL !! ), and grab the blue box in the aftermath. Maybe next time.......... ;)

Mark Twain 1835-1910